Status: Hiatus

Letters

"Why'd you read it? Was it really that interesting?"

Dearest Mark,

How are you? I have been thinking about you a lot lately. It's been a long time since I've heard from you. I hate that we've fallen out of contact, but I hope this letter finds its way to you.

Not much is new with my life; I'm still working at the same place I have been since I graduated from college. It's weird, knowing that I can't just pick up the phone and dial your number, like I could for all those years.

I know it's partially my fault, but at the same time, you could have called me as well.

What happened to us? We used to be best friends. I hope that one day, we could be again.

Love always,
Willow


I raise an eyebrow as I set the letter down onto the kitchen counter. I have no idea who either of these people are. I've never known anyone named Willow, nor the Mark Sutton guy it was addressed to.

"Babe?" the voice of my flavor-of-the-month Alexa Vega asks from behind me.

I turn to face her and raise an eyebrow, "Hmm?"

"Whatcha readin'?" she asks, stepping the rest of the way up to me and wrapping her arms around my waist. "You were just a little bit entranced."

"A letter addressed to someone who I guess used to live here," I answer as I look down at her, wrapping my arms around her shoulders. I'm not really all that attracted to her, she's just kinda of... Super glued herself to me, and I've let her because she keeps some of the creepyass fangirls away from me.

She nods her head a little and laughs softly, rubbing her hands slowly up and down my back as she runs her eyes over my face.

"Why'd you read it?" she questions, sinking her teeth into her bottom lip and meeting my eyes. "Was it really that interesting?"

I raise an eyebrow down at her at her boldness. That’s one thing I don’t like about people; how they question the things I do. If I do it, I have a damn good reason to, and it’s not their place to ask. Unless, of course, I am in a committed relationship with them. Which I’m not with Alexa. And I don’t plan to be.

She, however, seems to have a different plan for us.

“It was,” I state, pulling back away from her and grabbing the envelope and the letter from off the counter, folding them up and stuffing them into my back pocket. She raises an eyebrow up at me and watches as I stuff the letter into my pocket, crossing her arms over her chest. “Let me walk you out.”

She scoffs quietly at my statement and slowly shakes her head, turning on her heel and storming out of the kitchen. I don’t have to wait long before I hear the front door slam closed behind her and her car screeching out of my driveway.

A smug smirk makes its way onto my lips and I slowly shake my head, chuckling quietly as I pad out of the kitchen and up the stairs into my bedroom. Sighing quietly, I grab my new lyric notebook off of my bedside table and take it over to my desk, sitting myself down at the chair and grabbing a pen.

Opening the notebook up to the first page, I begin to write.
♠ ♠ ♠
New story. Not quite sure what I think of it or if I'll continue. It's a little bit different from what I've done before, so your opinions are greatly appreciated.