Status: Hiatus

Letters

"You hungry, big guy?"

Willow,

It was no bother at all; I’m really not a very busy person, so your letter was a welcome distraction from my humdrum life. I’m glad that I was able to help you, even if it was not the help that you really needed. I’m sorry that I was not able to assist you in your efforts to find your friend Mark, but here’s to hoping that it will not take long for you to find him.

If there’s anything that you need or if I can be of any assistance in the future, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Sincerely,
-Ronnie

P. S. If you happen to write me back, you should let me in on a small little detail about yourself. It doesn‘t have to be anything in particular, just something that will help me get to know you on a more personal level.


A personal level? What on earth does he mean by ‘a personal level’?

I laugh softly and shake my head as I slowly set the letter down onto the couch cushion beside me, sighing softly and raking my hands over my face. Who is this guy? This random man who keeps replying to letters I send that were never meant for him in the first place; well, the first letter wasn’t meant for him, anyway…

When I first wrote the letter to Mark, I had high hopes that maybe I would hear back from him, but now, a small part inside of me is glad that I did not. Why, you may ask? Well, I honestly don’t know except for the fact that it’s finally given me someone to talk to.

Yes, I am somewhat of a loner, but that’s the way I like it.

Right after I graduated from high school I went straight to college and got a degree in elementary education. Four years later I began my career as a kindergarten teacher and since then I haven’t had much time for friends; so the people I choose to have around me, I think very highly of.

However, I do have my cat.

Mr. Poo-Poo Kitty has become my best friend since I got him at the end of my senior year of college. Is a very sweet and loving creature, but if you anger him; beware. Suddenly, out of nowhere Poop jumps up onto my lap. I laugh softly and look down at him, reaching up to scratch him behind the ears.

“You hungry, big guy?” I ask, raising my eyebrows down at my cat. He meows softly up at me then swiftly jumps down out of my lap. I smile softly and stand, following his lead as he trots through the living room and into the kitchen.

He meows loudly, demanding his dinner, as he weaves around my feet. But my thoughts are not on my cat or on his dinner; rather; they’re on a certain man who continues to reply to my letters.
♠ ♠ ♠
So… I typed this entire chapter on my new Dragon dictation software, so there's probably going to be quite a few mistakes. If there are, please let me know by leaving a comment. But you should also leave a comment just because you like my story. Even if you don't like it, you should leave a comment anyway, telling me what exactly it is that you do not like, that way I can fix it.

In other words, you should leave a comment. ;-)