Status: Completed. Sequel is coming.

Four Corners and Two Sides

Chapter One.

"I can't believe it."
"We're living the dream. Yes, very good. Grab your duffel."
"Eric, do you even understand what is going through my head right now? Do you even get it? You don't even."
I was trying to explain to our bassist the significance of playing on the Vans Warped Tour, which I had been obsessing about for weeks. The guys had heard enough from me by the third day of knowing, since I was constantly in their ears, buzzing like a honey bee. I couldn't help it, this was the best thing.
I went from going to the tour three years in a row, as a fan, to playing the main stage, as a band. How does one contain their excitement? And nerves. I was nervous, and that was mostly the reason I was acting like a psychotic woman. I knew I couldn't blame my favorite boys for no longer starting conversations with me, but that was all going to change as I shoved my duffel into the back of the van.
I could see Sanders taking his sweet ass time on my mom's front porch, trying his best to haul pieces of his drum set over by himself. I blew a piece of hair out of my face and cocked my hip.
"Any day now, Sanders," I yelled over.
"Guess what, Eliza?"
"Tell me, tough guy!"
"You can take a load of this up your ass." He stuck up his middle finger at me and glared in my direction. Hardly offended as I had received worse from Eddie, our dirty mouthed rhythm guitarist. It was all in good fun. The guys were glad they could joke around with me. They said it was their main reason why I was tolerated. How could I be offended? We were family.
I shook my head and laughed it off. Eric gagged next to me and began checking off items on his clipboard. Wherever the band went, he always brought that lame clipboard. The most organized in The Story of How.
"I'm sorry, but I just got the worst visual."
"Please don't ever think about my ass again, you pervert."
I blew him a kiss and he scoffed. "Trust me, your ass is really not that great."
"Not what your girlfriend said last night."
"What girlfriend?" He made a motion to wipe a fake tear from his eye.
"Exactly," I patted him on the shoulder. "But there will be tons of girls at Warped Tour! Hell yeah."
This loud, manly laugh erupted from his throat, making everyone outside stare at this bizarre man next to me.
"I would never sleep with a girl from Warped. Eliza, come on. Women lie, girls lie. I could end up fucking a minor and going to prison and praying to God that I don't drop the soap."
Eric was paranoid, did I mention that?
"Are you crazy? Not all women lie, my friend. Ask them an early nineties question or something."
"Like what? That's bullshit, there is internet for a reason."
"What's the reason, you lunatic?" I smiled at him. "Just so they can cheat on your trivia questions?"
He nodded. "That is the reason."
"You're hilarious, dude. I'm going to find Eddie and Mitchell. We can't be late for check-in." But we were going to if we weren't on the road in fifteen minutes.

After finding both of our guitarists within thirty seconds, we all decided to help poor, brittle bones Sanders with his shitty equipment. It was hot out already, 8am, the sun popped open our pores and out came the sweat. I couldn't blame our drummer for almost passing out; trying to lift heavy equipment in humidity was one of the worst things in the world. But eventually we did it in our time limit.
I felt terrible leaving my mom alone for the whole summer, but she had Koda, my 3 year old German Shepherd to keep her company. It was hard on me to leave him too, he was my best friend. He was the only one who kept me company at night.
But sacrifices are needed to succeed. It wasn't like I was falling off of the face of the Earth, although being away from home can feel like that sometimes.
I had just turned nineteen back in April, a year out of high school, and I was adventuring into the unknown. Three months with my bandmates. No breaks, no vacations from each other. It was going to be straight up Hell. But it was going to be so worth it.
California bid farewell to us nicely, and we were headed right for Salt Lake City, Utah. Check-in, and the first stop of Warped Tour 2011. My palms were sweaty, and my heart pounded painfully. It reminded me I was 100% human, that this was no dream.
♠ ♠ ♠
newly found obsession for sleeping with sirens...