Status: Completed. Sequel is coming.

Four Corners and Two Sides

Chapter Thirteen.

"Damn. Mansfield really brings it."
"Who would've known?"
"I'm impressed."
It was unbelievable. I was walking behind Mitchell and Sanders, and they were actually having a respectable conversation. With Eric trying to drown out my left ear with his talk on bass playing, I was using my right to hear as much of this as I could.
"Uh Eliza, why are you so close to me?" Sanders asked and I leaned away, totally oblivious to the fact that I was moving inches and inches closer to the two boys.
"Oops! Sorry, lost my footing," I laughed it off and felt my face burn. They both stopped short, and stared at me.
"Ew." Mitchell said directly to me as Sanders rolled his eyes. "If you wanted to put it in my ass, all you had to do was ask. But we need lube first."
"How did you know that's exactly what I wanted to do? You know, something I could clearly accomplish with my vagina." I emphasized the word and watched all three boys cringe, much to my delight.
"It's called a pussy!"
A few feet behind us came Justin Hills, adding to the boyish tendencies of my fellow band members.
"I'm sorry," I began. "But to a woman, calling it a pussy is really not okay."
"Have you ever had sex with someone who called your vagina, a pussy?"
"No." And I never wanted to...
"Then you have no idea how powerful that word can be." They all nodded in unison around me.
"It's a cat though!"
"Not to a woman in bed." Justin tsked at me as we all began walking back to our buses, each of us holding different equipment.
"Justin, you have made things so weird in our circle," I said.
"Well in that case, you're welcome," he smiled at me and we walked back in silence, followed by the sound of sand crunching beneath our feet. It was a genuine smile too, which made my stomach twist in a bad way.
I've only had sex with two people in my life, but they were nothing special. Come to think of it, it was probably really bad by the way Justin spoke about sex. I had never been talked to dirty, or "naughty", during intercourse. It was just the usual boring intimacy. I was obviously too shy to try it myself, I mean, how the hell do you know if people like that stuff? Does everyone like that stuff? I guess I was too quick to judge. Man, was I finding out things real quick around here.
"Whatcha thinking about?" Eric nudged me and I instantly got a flash of us having sex.
"Oh my god!" I yelled in his face, as I slapped his arm away from my body. But it wasn't a nasty thought... what was I doing?
"Nothing," I took a deep breath. "New song?"
"About what, Eliza?" He stared at me as we came to a stop in front of the door, our tent giving us plenty of shade.
"Guess you'll find out when I write it," I winked. It was apparent that Eric and I were flirting, and deep inside, I really wanted to stop myself before I got ahead. It just took hold of me. Knowing that Eric had feelings for me was bringing out a different side. Kellin wasn't much into it, he was more of a get to it kind of guy, but Eric allowed me, in a way, to bring back what I once brought with other men.
"Hey," he said suddenly, pulling me aside as the others began shoving equipment back into our van. I received a look from Eddie, who was grabbing a symbol from Sanders. "Don't do that bullshit."
"What are you talking about?"
"You know," he said. "Winking, girly shit. Don't lead me on. If you're going to do something or say something, then just do it."
"I'm just kidding around, Eric. Besides, I'm with Kellin."
"Oh." Eric's face dropped and he let go of my arm. "You guys are together now? Boyfriend and girlfriend?"
But was I with Kellin? Were we exclusive? Were we actually dating? All of these questions, unanswered. I still haven't gotten to the bottom of it, but whenever I brought it up to Kellin, he swooped around it, bothering about something else.
Especially 'who cares what we call it? We're together, and that counts.' But I had intuition in my gut, staring at me in the face. Like a red flag calling out, "hey Eliza, there's something fishy going on!" Maybe it was wrong to accept Kellin's apology. I think it was wrong to even let him in my pants that quickly.
I shrugged, giving Eric the truth. I had no idea, now Eric knew I had no idea, and that left satisfaction all over his face. He smirked at me and walked away, onto the bus, leaving me alone in the heat.
♠ ♠ ♠
any of you like austin carlile? i've been thinking about starting a fanfic featuring him haha

sorry but not sorry for the sexuality in this chapter.
thank you for reading, commenting, subscribing, recommending, doing what you do :)