Status: Completed. Sequel is coming.

Four Corners and Two Sides

Chapter Three.

"The first thing I'm going to do when we head over to Colorado, no wait, the first thing we're all gonna do when we head over to Colorado is get Burger King because fuck! I am so hungry right now," Sanders grabbed my duffel bag from me and placed it near the bus we were borrowing for tour.
I said, "why Burger King? They have vendors here for you to eat."
"But not BK. Liz, I gotta have my Burger King once a week."
"I'm done with this conversation. You are a picky boy."
It was strange to be transferring our stuff from the van we've always had, to this bus that wasn't exactly ours. A replacement house for a few months. Jeff told us that there was no way we could stay on tour in just a nine person van, so he offered to help pay for what we needed. I guess it was what we needed. But honestly, we got around in our van just fine. In fact, we've all slept in it together before. Not necessarily naps, but nice, nine hour, overnight sleepovers. Until Eddie decides to wake us all up with his horrendous gas. The bus would be good for one thing and one thing only; it was big enough for all of us to escape from him quickly, and unharmed.
I leaned against the bus and took a look around. The boys were too busy moving equipment and personal belongings to even notice me watching them.
They were great people. They were men, sometimes gross and sometimes difficult to speak with, but they were really something else. Eric, organized, wise, good natured. Mitchell, clown, outgoing, exciting. Eddie, old man, the dad of our bunch, and happened to be wise as well. Even wiser than Eric at some points. Sanders, smart, brave, weak in the physical sense, but definitely the strongest emotionally, out of all of us. It was just ridiculous because today, I wanted to punch Mitchell in the face for even speaking like that in a public area, but it's just who he is. And if he ever changed, it wouldn't be that dorky guy we chose as our lead guitar. It was worth it to put up with male banter.
"Hey guys," I walked out towards them, near our special van. "I just wanted to say I'm really proud of you. Of us. It took a long time to get here, and we worked our asses off for it. I'm glad that we're all really serious about taking it to the next level."
"Oh man," Mitchell slapped his forehead. "Liz is getting all soft on us."
"That's what she said." I heard Eddie's voice yell from behind the van.
"No, but really. Thanks for putting up with us, girl. You're the bomb." Mitchell skidded over to me through the sand, causing just enough of it to whirl around us in the wind. He crushed me against his body with a side hug and then went back to what he was doing.
Eric smiled. "Mitchell said it all for us. You've got the toughest job, and we're just backing you up. So thank you."
Too sweet they were being, and it would only last for a few more seconds. I took a mental image of what was happening, and then it was over.
"I need to shit!" Mitchell screamed and ran for a porta potty.
I laughed so hard, I keeled over and rested my hands on my knees.
"Hey The Story of How."
I looked up to see the face of the voice. That voice I recognized from earlier. Of course it was Kellin. Who was now looking at me while I was in the position of throwing up.
"You okay?" He asked, cocking his head to the side. And it was so cute, and it was so wrong to be thinking that way because he most likely had a cute girlfriend and I had no chance.
I nodded my head rapidly, unable to say pretty much anything.
He smiled, showing a set of straight, white teeth. "All right, well, I just wanted to welcome you to the Vans Warped Tour. It's gonna get real crazy up in here. Um, our bus is over that way," he pointed to the right. "And you guys are on before us, so we'll be looking out for ya."
He waved and stalked off, no second glance given. I felt disappointed and stood up straight, only to receive a look from Eric.
"What?"
"Dude, Kellin came over because you were here and you looked like a dying worm."
"Actually," Although Eric was usually never wrong, "he came over to welcome us, and it was great, and that's what he meant by it."
"You're an idiot. Do you know who you're talking to?"
"Eric Bastraw, a bassist who has no idea what he's talking about?" I crossed my arms; a sign of resistance.
He shook his head. "Yes, but I am a male. I know guys like the back of my hand."
"Are you a... straight male?"
Eric laughed and tossed another bag over to the bus. "At this point, I really have no idea."
I started to zip open some of the bags and help Sanders get a head start on unloading the drum set. It was rearing in on 11am quickly. We were left a list of set times of all the bands, and we played around 1. Not only did we have a short amount of time until stage, but we were right before Sleeping with Sirens. In girl talk, I literally wanted to die.
♠ ♠ ♠
i like reading my own story as much as i like writing it...

and i'm really glad for having a character like eric in this
if it weren't for kellin, eliza would be all up on that like honey barbecue ;)