Status: One-Shot

The Fisher Falls for the Dazed

hard days work and a pretty girls smirk

Finnick's POV.

I smile excitedly as I jab my stick into a fish and bring it back up. I had only caught seven fish all day, but it was better then the two I caught last time. I place it in my bucket, and grab it. I turn away but a girl stands infront of me. A small smirk on her face.

" Hello Odair " She says, making me laugh. She's not just any girl. She's Annie Cresta; my father's best friend's brother's friend's cousin's daughter. I tip an imaginary hat in her direction, I guess you could call us good friends, maybe even best friends. I smile at the thought of Annie Cresta as my best friend.

" Hey Cresta " I say too her, she looks me up and down and turns around in a 'fit of anger'; a fake fit of anger, of course. She lets out a small laugh and turns back around, she looks down at the red bucket in my hand. She puts her own small hand into the bucket and pulls out a fish. Annie's a year younger then me, making her 12 years of age. Even though she could easily pass as ten year old, a fact she hated more then anything.

" It's too small! " She cries, refering too the fish. I nod my head and run my hand through my hair. I didn't catch anything big at all today, it was a pretty bad fishing day espically since i tried really hard. God, I sound pathetic.

" Yeah. All of them are and I only caught seven! " I exclaim. She lets a small giggle escape her lips.

" Your the worst fisher in all of Panem " She tells me. I brush off her insult, and look around the beach. District four actually has quite a few beaches, but this one's the most secluded of them all. Not many people know of the beach and when you come here, district four feels so far away.

" Wanna go for a swim? " Annie asks me, interupting my thoughts. Annie is the best swimmer in all of district four, hell, she's probally the best in all of panem since district four is known for the sea & water. I look at Annie, she's pulling her best puppy dog face. It's so hard, too say no . . .

" Okay. But we can't swim for long " I tell her, she nods her head and runs toward the water. I run with her, the bucket still in my hands. She's stopped right near the water and I stand next too her and carefully put the bucket on the ground; I start taking my shirt off over my head and I put it over the bucket with the fish in it. Annie looks me over once, and rolls her eyes. She slips her feet out of her sandals and carefully puts them next too my bucket and then she removes her dress and puts it on top. Now she's only wearing a green two peice. I'm not wearing any shoes, since I don't live far from here and it was going too be a day of fishing; shoes was pointless. Annie runs into the water and I soon follow.

Annie's POV.

I dive into the water, my head going under. I open my eyes up; there immune too the salty water unlike some girls eyes in my class. I smile at the fact. Finnick's eyes aren't immune either. I watch him now, as he dives under, his eyes squeezed shut, a small smile on his face. I ignore him and start swimming far out into sea. I'm the best swimmer, I know that, everyone knows that. They also all know that I'm deeply in love with Finnick. But he doesn't. He'll never know that.
♠ ♠ ♠
1. Sorry for the layout. Its yeuck.
2. This isn't my best work.
3. Enjoy ;D