Status: Active

Girls in the Summertime

Chapter Six: Allison

On Saturday, I decided to stay home and spend time with my mom, my dad, Austin and Steven. I need a relaxing day with just me and my family, since I’ve been spending most of my time with Lucy and Blake. Besides, we have our beach day tomorrow. Dedicating my Saturday to my family is no problem.

Today is going to be a good day, nonetheless.

Well that is until my parents told me that we will go out for dinner with my grandparents, but why are we doing that, I don’t know.

“Alli, are you ready? I’m going in ten minutes!” my dad yelled up the stairs, letting me know that we will be going to the riding school in ten minutes.

My dad owns a riding school, with the horses and the perfect environment for me to be in on a Saturday. He promised me that he would bring me over today and I am totally looking forward to it.

I grabbed my riding boots, my iPod, my phone and my gloves before heading downstairs to meet my dad, who is waiting with a smile on his face by the foot of the stairs.

“I’m ready now dad. Are the others going too?” I asked him, curious if my brother, mom and cousin are going as well.

“Steven is coming, but Austin has something to do but he will be home at about five. Your mom has to go to work, we all have to get home early, and then we will go out and meet up with your grandparent, okay? They ordered a table for all of us at some nice place nearby” he said with a smile and I smiled and nodded in response.

“But then you must do your best today baby girl, okay? And you’ll ride Thor” he continued with a smile and laughed softly.

“Dad you are so silly, and yeah I’ll do my absolute best, or at least the best I can do with Thor” I grinned jokingly before my mom and Steven came into the hallway.

From there, dad dropped mom off to work before driving Steven and I towards the riding school.

You see, Thor is actually my own horse but because he isn’t the same kind of horse like the other horses we have, I don’t get the opportunity to ride him because my dad wants me to develop my riding on a slim horse, and he doesn’t want me to sell Thor. I don’t want that either because Thor was my very first horse.

About fifteen minutes later, we arrived to the riding school and I hurried towards the stables, because I am in a small need to see my horse. I hadn’t seen him in almost three weeks due to the stress from the school and graduation.

Just as I approached Thor’s box, I bumped into someone and we are about to fall when the person grabbed me by my upper arms to keep my steady. I didn’t fall over because of that.

“Dammit, I’m so sorry for bumping into you” I said quickly before looking up, and that was when my eyes widened and my jaw slightly dropped.

There stood a guy that I had never seen before; his hair were brown and short but I can tell that some hair gel would make him look good, brown soft looking eyes, clear cheekbones, he had wide jaw bones and his lips were very thin. He wore loose riding jeans and a tight wife beater that showed off his toned body. When I noticed that feature of his, my jaw dropped even more.

“That’s okay, no need to worry about it” he smiled sweetly at me, making sure I had balance again before he let go of my arms.

“I’m Thomas by the way” he reached out his hand.

I took his hand in mine and shook it softly.

“I’m Allison” I smiled at him before letting go of his hand and letting my own fall down to my side.

“You must be Mr. and Mrs. DeNeef’s daughter, am I right?” he said politely.

I nodded.

“Then Thor over there is yours right?” he asked me and pointed towards Thor.

“Yup, you’re completely right, he is mine” I smiled at him.

“That’s cool, he is a sweet horse” Thomas said kindly.

“But I have to go, I have some work to do in the other stable, but I hope to see you around Allison” he said before squeezing my shoulder lightly.

Then he walked out of the stable.

I stood frozen in a moment before I shook my head and went towards my horse, which had been standing in his box just eating his food. It made me giggle softly; because that was literally everything he did throughout the day, all the time.

I petted him for a moment before I went to get the saddle, bridle and the other stuff I needed to him, and I then got him ready and placed it on him. I took him out of the stable and met with Steven and my dad who had horses by their side, ready to ride as well.

We all got up on our horses and rode towards a small wooden area that belonged to the riding school. Then we passed by a beach that also belonged to the riding school. Although it is not restricted for others to enter, people still to keep in mind that the beach actually is private.

The ride felt like it only took twenty minutes, but before we knew it we had already rode in about two and a half hours. The clock read 3:30pm, so we decided to go back to the riding school to saddle of the horses and then go back home to get a shower before head out for dinner.

On our way home we held small conversations, but I decided to go for it and ask my dad about a particular topic.

“Dad? Who is Thomas? You know the guy who works at the riding school, how come I’ve never seen him before?” I asked softly and leaned in between the driver’s seat and the passenger’s seat, so I can get a better view of everything.

“Oh Thomas… Your mother and I know his parents, and they told us that he needed a job and I knew in advance that he had been working with horses before, and I thought ‘why not?’, it’s always good to have some more help at the school you know” he said, smiling.

When we arrived home, I hurried inside to my room in order find some clean clothes, but not before my mom yelled up the stairs.

“Allison, please put on some nice and prober clothes, remember it is your grandparents we are dining with!” she snickered, forcing me to giggle. Leave it to my mom to speak evil about her old parents and her husband’s parents.

I ran to the bathroom before anyone else in the house could. I took a somewhat long and relaxing shower. When I was done, I did my makeup and my hair before getting out of the bathroom. I went back to my own room to get dressed.

I put on a dark bronze colored dress, with a black veil covering the entire dress. Then I went to my shoe closet and found a brand new, or well at least almost new, pair of TOMS shoes and slipped them on. I put on my black blazer from H&M and put it on, and then I made sure to check if my phone was on mute before dropping it in my purse. I snatched my purse and left my room.

Just as I got downstairs, my mom came into sight and looked at me disapprovingly.

“Alli, please go back upstairs and change your shoes” my mom said.

When I was about to disagree with her, she cut me off.

“Don’t argue me Allison, just go up there and change” she sighed.

I went upstairs and found a gold looking pair of heels with glitter on it before slipping them on. I walked slowly down the stairs, because, to be honest, I wasn’t anywhere near as good at walking around with heels on.

When I finally came downstairs again, both Steven and Austin were down there waiting for me. I thought we could go outside to the car but my mom is still in the kitchen.

“Wow, don’t you just look classy now?” Steven joked and Austin joined in by laughing.

“Aren’t you just funny, asshole?” I said sarcastically.
Honestly, I am annoyed. Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely adore both my cousin and my brother, but they can be really annoying sometimes.

“Now stop laughing and come help me out in the car, you fucking twats” I said, winking at them.

When they continued to disregard my request, I spoke again.

“Come on now, faggots!”

“ALLISON, LANGUAGE!” my mom yelled from the kitchen, forcing me to giggle.

“SORRY MOM!” I yelled back.

I got Steven and Austin to escort me to the car because I didn’t want to take the risk and walk on my own.

Soon all five of us are on our way to one of Miami’s finest restaurants to dine with my grandparents.

This is going to be interesting.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, well guys, this is just a filler - just to let you know :)
And I'm sorry I haven't updated before now but I've been on vacation, and when I got home I'm trying to get my sleep schedule more 'normal', so that I'm ready to go to school at August 13th.

Thor
Allison's apparel for the dinner