Forbidden

Stop Being A Girl

"Friday night I'm going nowhere, all the lights are changing green to red. Turning over TV stations, situations running through my head" I sang softly as I made dinner.
I paused slightly as I stirred the sauce into the pasta I'd just cooked, before moving onto the next verse.
"Looking back through time, you know it's clear that I've been blind. I've been a fool to ever open up my heart to all that jealousy, that bitterness, that ridi-" I cut off quickly when I noticed a figure standing in the doorway.

"Fuck!" I shouted, almost dropping the pan full of food onto the floor, although, luckily, I caught myself just in time, managing to set it down on the counter.
"Harry, you nearly gave me a fucking heart attack." I scolded him and he smirked before walking into the kitchen and watching as I turned up the heat on the pasta.

"Lou told me what happened. You okay?" he asked, sitting down on a chair.
"Shouldn't you be with him right now? He's you best friend and I'm acting like a bitch right now." I asked, heaving myself up onto the counter where I sat comfortably.

"You're never a bitch. Sure, you make bad decisions but you're not a bad person. Anyway, Louis will be okay, I'm more worried about you." he told me and I frowned again.
"Why?" I asked, playing with the corkscrew that was sitting next to me.
"In case you've forgotten, you broke up with your boyfriend the other day, then a group of five boys rocked up at your house and haven't let you have any time alone, then Louis, who you are in love with, told you that he loved you, so you turned him down for some bizarre reason. I don't know if it's just me being weird and sensitive, but anyone else would be upset over that. I just don't know why you turned him down." Harry said. I didn't even bother asking how he knew that I loved Louis. He'd always been strangely perceptive about people's feelings.

"Harry. My life isn't a chick flick, okay? I'm not pretending that I can't have a relationship so that Louis will just want me more, I genuinely meant what I said. Yes, I love him, but that doesn't mean I want to be with him." I sighed, watching as Harry's face dropped.
"But.." he began before stopping himself. "Fine." he said, finally giving in and accepting what I said, although I could tell he didn't agree with it.

"So, what are you cooking?" he asked and I stood up quickly, remembering that I hadn't yet turned the oven off.
"Fuck, I nearly burnt it. That's your fault." I snapped, hitting him playfully whilst he groaned dramatically.

"What was that for? I just reminded you and you nearly killed me." he said loudly, holding his stomach and making weird little 'Ooh' noises.
"You are such a drama queen. And you were the one that distracted me in the first place." I told him. "But don't worry, I forgive you." I told him, holding my hand out.
"You may kiss the Queen's hand." I told him dramatically and he laughed, nevertheless taking my hand. I was enjoying the little game until I felt his slimy tongue sliding across the back of my hand.

"Harry! That's disgusting."I whined, wiping the hand in question on his t-shirt and making a face at him. However, he didn't seem to mind this, instead walking up to the pasta and spooning a large portion into a bowl.
"Harry, please, make yourself at home." I said sarcastically, eyeing the huge mound of pasta that he'd began to shovel into his mouth.

"Oh please, I'm practically family. This is almost my house." he said a moment later, once he'd swallowed his food.
"Er, imagine being related to you." I said, pulling a disgusted face and laughing at the offended look he was giving me.
"You just wish you were so that you could have these curls." he told me, flicking his hair in what he thought was an attractive fashion as I rolled my eyes.
"You're so uncool." I told him, giggling and running away from him as he set the pasta down, attempting to chase me.

"Arghhh" I screamed loudly, running through the hallway as Harry almost caught up with me.
"You'll never get me." I shouted, throwing open the door to the living room and running inside as Harry laughed hysterically behind me.
I turned round quickly as he advanced on me, trying to run backwards and falling onto the sofa instead. A quiet 'Oomph' sound escaped me as I landed on a cushion, still laughing.

However, alarm bells began to ring when Harry didn't try to get me, instead eyeing me with shock. The fact that the sofa didn't feel like a sofa also made me realise that something had happened.
"Ouch." a voice muttered and I shot up, closing my eyes and hoping that I hadn't sat on the one person I'd been attempting to avoid. Unfortunately, when I eventually opened my eyes, he was sitting there, a pissed off expression on his face as he looked at me.

"Sorry." I mumbled, backing off as I spoke. Immediately, his face softened and he looked into my eyes.
"That's okay."he told me, and I knew he was talking about more than just me landing on him.

"Well, I need to eat my dinner. I'll be in the kitchen if either of you need me." Harry interjected, walking out of the door and closing it behind him before either of us had a chance to react to his sudden departure.
"Louis?" I asked, taking a seat next to him, although I kept my head straight, looking forward at the wall.
"Yes?" he asked me in return, looking just as awkward as I felt.

"I'm sorry, I was stupid." I told him, turning my head to face him properly. Within seconds I'd somehow managed to lean towards him,
"Really, really sorry." I murmured and I heard a faint laugh, although everything seemed to be muted, before placing my lips on his.

It was the best kiss I'd ever had. His lips were soft, yet masculine, his skin was smooth, yet adorned with manly stubble. His hair, soft and silky, was perfect for running my fingers through, so that's exactly what I did.
After a moment Louis pulled away. "Wait," he interjected, much to my displeasure.
"What does this mean?" he asked quietly.

"Does everything have to mean something?" I asked, biting my lip softly as I looked up into his eyes. He looked dazed for a second, before hastily shaking his head. We kissed again for a few seconds, before he pulled away once more.
"Are you sure about this?" he asked quietly and I sighed.
"As long as you understand that no one can know. Especially my brother." I told him, and he nodded, seeming eager to start again.
"Now, stop being such a girl." I told him, pulling his head back down towards mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi everyone, I don't really have anything to say, other than please leave a comment :)