Status: In progress

Broken Promises

When People Cry, I Bleed

Oh, what a wonderful day it would be if only Puckerman hadn't thrown a slushie at her. It took all of the air out of her and she was wearing a white shirt today. Finn and Puck ruled the schools with the bitchy cheerleaders. Those were Santanna and Quinn. Quinn would make fun of her, daily. She seemed perfect and calm but she was slipping into a depression. No one could save her, not even the boy she loved so much. Finn had barely looked at her, no matter how hard she tried. She knew how she would never be pretty enough for him but a girl can dream, right?
Along with her Finn dream, all she wanted was to be a star. Maybe that'll show them how she isn't ugly or man-hands. Rachel was going to get out of Ohio. She is a straight A student and did everything in her power to make sure nothing was in her way. Rachel may have not had friends or anyone but her two dads.
"Hey Man-Hands. Have I ever told you how that grape slushie looks great on you?" Quinn said while walking past Rachel.
That was the last straw for Rachel. She couldn't take it anymore. All of the name calling, eggs being thrown at her, slushies being dumped on her, and having no friends because people were afraid she would bring down their ego. Rachel did the only thing she knew would help. She cut.
======
They stare her down, yeah
she can feel them watching
She hears them whisper but it's no use crying
Had the option to decide
Be fucked up or lose pride
She had a willl but not a way
To help her survive
Persistant, she just kept her mouth shut
Refused to talk
No, she wouldn't budge
Comprised her doom with a jagged cut
A couple hundred oughta make them all shut up
Hear the whispered jokes
Say she should be thinner
Not sure of her faith, she must be a sinner
Doesn't flinch at pain, she must be a killer
Spending all her life counting down the years
Falling slowly, she tried to stop
And catch her breath before she catches her death
It's controlling, she's outta time now, no concent
They're all placing a bet
Had the option to decide
Be fucked up or lose pride
She had a will but not a way to help her survive
Persistant, she kept her mouth shut
Refused to talk, no she wouldn't budge
Comprised her doom with a jagged cut
A couple hundred oughta make them...

Rachel say the song quitely while playing the piano along with it. It's the only thing she knew she could do right. Sing. Not a lot of people have heard her but the people that have were amazed. The cuts on her wrists were still bleeding as she played and some blood got on the piano keys.
"That was amazing. Did you write that?" Finn Hudson said while walking towards the piano.
"What do you want? You don't seem to have eggs or a slushie in your hand so I'm guessing you either want me to do your homework or you came here to insult me." Rachel said and covered her wrists quickly and packed up her things.
"N-no! Not at all. I heard you singing and I wanted to hear more. You truly are amazing." Finn said with panic in his voice.
"Do me a favor? Just leave me alone. I don't need your compliments or anything." Rachel finally was packed up and started walking away.
Finn was standing alone at the piano completely dumb-struck. When he looked down he say little droplets of blood on the piano keys. Had he and his friends hurt her that badly?
=====
"Rachel!" Finn chased after her. The blood on the piano was too much for him.
"Leave me alone! I swear to god.." Rachel yelled and walked away.
"No I know you cut yourself.." Finn said and dropped his head.
"Is it because of my friends and I?" Finn whispered after seeing Rachel freeze.
"Yeah..Don't tell anyone, okay?" Rachel finally said and turned to face him.
"I won't, as long as you share your songs with me and tell me why you just don't cry instead of cut."
"Fine, it's simple..when people cry, I bleed." Rachel handed Finn her notebook.
"What is this?"
"My songs. Go ahead and show everyone so they can laugh."
"Please, listen to me. I would never do that and I am going to make sure everyone leaves you alone. I promise."
"Fuck you." With that Rachel stormed out. Finn was left there, standing alone with Rachel's notebook and wanting to cry. He never thought he would drive someone to cut themselves.
=====
Finn was sitting at his desk, trying to do homework but failed. He needed to read Rachel's songs. But would that invade her privacy? Screw it, he wanted to read it.

Heart Strings
Falling away, holding so fast to the strings of the heart
In which keep playing, crying little melodies
Weeping to the world

That was all Finn got to read before his mother called his name.
"Finn! Finn!" Carole Hudson shouted from down the stairs.
"What mom?!" Finn shouted back.
"A lovely girl named Rachel is here to see you!" Carole shouted.
Finn ran down the stairs so quickly, he almost tripped.
"H-h-ey." Finn said, trying to act cool.
"Hi...Mr.Smith e-mailed me, telling me we are partners for the language arts project." Rachel said and looked down.
"C-cool." Finn said and put his hands in his pockets.
"Shall we get started or are we going to stand here all day?" Rachel said with a raised eyebrow.
"Yeah, follow me." Finn said and walked up the stairs.
"Keep the door open!" Carole shouted from the kitchen while smirking.
"Sorry about the mess.." Finn said when they got up to his room.
"It's fine." Rachel said and walked over to his desk.
"You are seriously reading my songs?"
"Well, yeah. That was the deal." Finn whispered.
"We didn't make a deal and I know you wouldn't tell any of your friends about me but I'm not so sure you wouldn't tell your mother or some teacher at school."
"Then why did you give me the notebook?"
"To keep you from telling the teachers or your mom."
"Oh..I swear I won't tell."
"Good for you." Rachel said and sat down at his desk.
"So, I think we should have you sing for the language arts project."
"Excuse me?" Rachel almost shouted.
"We could pick a song that you wrote and connect it to 19 Minutes or another book we read."
"I don't know.."
"Please? You could show everyone your amazing talent."
"Umm..Okay. But I'm picking the song."
"I like this one.." Finn flipped to a song he had read.

Crying in a burning room
Your whisper sends shivers up and my spine
It's hardest to believe it was all a lie
Your seductive little games got the best of me
But when I feel your touch, I don't wanna be free
Now as the smoke clears and I try to listen
Uncovered by my tears, all your words that glisten
And you're gone before the sun rises, even on a cloudy day
And I'm left crying in a burning room while you run away
Your words were beautiful, so carefully crafted
But I was just a pawn. who you carefully casted
Even still your words, they make me need you
And I just can't leave though I need to
Now as the smoke cleans and I try to listen
Uncovered by tears, all your words that glisten
You're gone before the run rises, even on a cloudy day
And I'm left crying in a burning room
While you run away
Yeah, you run away
Just keep on runnin' away...

"Why this one?" Rachel asked.
"Because of Josie, how Matt hurt her and she cried a lot."
"Yeah, I guess that makes sense." Rachel shrugged.
"So do you want to practice?"
"Uhh...No. I'll do that by myself but right now we can work on writing a paper to go along with it."
"Okay, cool." Finn smiled.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yeah so here is the first chapter..Leave comments if you'd like.