Status: churning out chapters as fast as I can.

Midgard

In a world not too different from your own reside people just like you, who go grocery shopping and take their children to school, who clean their carpets and wash the dishes. They go to sports events and cheer on the local team. They chatter with friends and family about last night’s news broadcast before bed. They compliment their wives on last night’s dinner. They lead simple, normal lives. They understand the concept of kindness and giving, selfishness and betrayal. They ask their neighbours how they are, and give gifts on holidays. This was my world, Midgard – she was small, warm, and the land had not separated. We lived on one continent, the brisk waves of the ocean unable to divide us.

It was a wonderful place to live, and most humans considered it that way until Midgard experienced her first catastrophic event. The Explosion, the Date of E, or DoE. An unimaginable, underground explosion burst through the atmosphere of Midgard when an unknown material was disturbed. It caused a mushroom cloud to form, and the material to be spread to every inch of the globe. Children started to be born with incredible powers. The human race had evolved, adapted, become something amazing and fascinating. Instead of being embraced as the future, they were labelled deviants and savages, hated because they were the bi-product of a disaster no one could yet understand.

Specialist schools were set up for people born with abnormalities, places where parents could put their little mutants, knowing they were safe, but never had to see them again. Practically orphaned, they formed their own social circles and support systems through the “mutant-only” school. No one was abnormal; everyone had something different to offer. No malice and no contempt – only acceptance and understanding.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

This is all my own work, some of the characters are based on real people with their express permission, but it is still all mine. Please don’t steal, or I’ll have to call the cyber police.