Status: ON HIATUS

Monster

Mission

“I am sick and tired of these lame missions!” Akio shouted once again. Kurami’s team was headed for the Hokage’s office for yet another mission. Kurami sighed as she walked along side Akio, she definitely agreed.

“Yes, but I’m sure you don’t have the balls to say that to the Hokage, huh Kenta?” Shin said with a sneer. His arms were crossed as they walked on. Kurami was surprised by his comment, but from the look on his face, he seemed to also be annoyed with the lousy missions.

“Hey! Shut up!” Akio shouted, though he wasn’t angry at his teammate. He was more upset at the situation they were in.

Shin sighed, “Babysitting. Finding lost pets. Cleaning houses. Since when are ninjas personal slaves to the village?” His voice was at ease, but you could hear the annoyance in his words.

Their sensei seemed to have been tuning them out as he walked ahead. Takashi didn’t once join in on their conversation. They all stopped their chatter when Takashi took an abrupt left and opened a door which lead to the infamous Hokage. Kurami always got anxious when face to face with the leader of Konoha. Though he was a kind man, she couldn’t help but feel intimidated.

The Hokage smirked at the three. “Well don’t you all look thrilled to be here.”

Shin snapped, his eyes pierced into the Hokages, “Can you just tell us our second-rate mission so we can get it over with.” Akio’s mouth dropped at the same time Kurami’s did. Their wide eyes gazing at Shin in disbelief.

“You just…” Akio sputtered out.

“Shin.” Takashi’s stern voice boomed over Akio’s, “That is very disrespectful –”

The Hokage lifted his hand to cut him off. “It’s quite alright Takashi. I can understand their frustration. But for you Genin, it is vital that your D-missions are easy for you all and yet also help strengthen you as a team.”

Akio hesitantly spoke up, “But can’t we do something more exciting?!”

The Hokage nodded, “I do have something in mind for you all.” He handed a paper to their sensei. “Your next mission is to deliver a package to the Kazekage in the sand village.”

Kurami felt her heart skip a beat.

“Yeah! That’s more like it!” Akio cheered.

Kurami noticed her uncle glance towards her, a small smile graced his features. She smiled back. She would be returning home.

As they walked out of the Hokage’s ‘headquarters’, Shin and Akio broke out into another little argument.

“Only you would find delivering a message exciting.” Shin said in his cool voice, his arms crossed as he walked beside his teammates. His eyebrow twitched in frustration.

“Yeah well, what kind of stunt was that that you pulled in there!” Akio’s arms flailed out in anger.

“Like I said before, something you don’t have the guts to do.”

“You didn’t say guts! I know what you said!”

Kurami just shook her head and tuned the two out. The walk to Suna was quite a long one, she wasn’t sure if those two could handle it.

“Hey.” Takashi said abruptly, turning around and getting their attention in one swift movement. “You will go home, pack a few necessities and meet me at the gates.”

Akio looked at his sensei with wide curious eyes, “We’re leaving today?”

Takashi tilted his head, “Weren’t you all just whining for a ‘first rate’ mission?”

Shin scolded, “It’s still second rate.”

Takashi lifted his hand, “Be that as it may, you all have gotten what you’ve asked for. So be prepared.”

-----------

“Wow. How long has it been since you’ve been there?” Her cousin asked her, wide-eyed from her crisscross sitting position. Kurami lifted her pack over her shoulders.

“It’s been too long.”

“Well.” Sayumi said, standing up, “I should probably head out. We have a cat to find!” She said sarcastically. She waved goodbye, and then Kurami was alone.

Kurami didn’t notice her uncle come back to the house, so she figured he beat her there and was already waiting by the gates.

“Better hurry.” Kurami ran, hoping off roofs to get to the gates. She was sure she hearda few villagers yelled at her in annoyance.

When she made it to the gates, her whole team was there, ready to go. Akio was jumping up and down in excitement and to ‘pump himself up’. Shin waited a foot outside the gates.

“Now that we’re all accounted for, shall we go?” Takashi asked, smiling kindly at them all.

Kurami felt a burning sensation and instantly a memory of her father popped in her head. Him smiling down at his daughter. Though Takashi looked nothing like her father since there was no relation, he often reminded Kurami of her dad. She smiled back at her uncle and gave a curt nod.

“Yeah!” Akio shouted excitedly, “We’re off to the sand village!”

Kurami smiled to herself, ‘This is really happening’

“Shut up already Kenta.” “No you shut up!”

‘I’m going home.’
♠ ♠ ♠
There will soon be some Gaara action so watch out!!