Status: Active!

Just So You Know

You Came

Kendall’s POV

“How do I look guys?” I asked the other guys when they picked me up for opening night of the play Kirstie’s in.

“You look as good as you can for you,” James teased.

“Ha ha,” I rolled my eyes.

“Kirstie will be drooling over you,” Carlos encouraged.

“I doubt that,” I mumbled to myself.

I’m so excited to see Kirstie in Aladdin tonight. She’s been working really hard on this play for the past six months with all the rehearsals and now finally it’s opening night. She doesn’t know that we’re coming tonight though. We just finished up our summer concert tour but we have one more show in Sacramento tomorrow afternoon and we were supposed to be flying there right now from our last show in Texas but we got a flight to LA this morning so we could see the show tonight and then go to our concert tomorrow.

I haven’t been able to physically see her for the past month. We’ve been on tour for the past four months but when we had breaks, we’d fly home and then Kirstie and I would spend time together and she came to all of the concerts we had in southern California. Sadly, she is still with Jake and now they’ve been dating for like 8 months so it’s pretty serious now. Yes, I still hate him and he hates me. But tonight I’m putting all of that aside and I’m just going to support Kirstie.

The guys and I got to the theatre to find a packed house. I saw Jake in the third or so row back and I sent him a glare as the four of us sat in the front row. The curtain drew and soon the play started but I didn’t care about the beginning until Kirstie came strolling onstage.

“She looks so gorgeous,” I smiled at Logan who agreed.

I couldn’t peel my eyes from her and all of the feelings I had for her swept over me. At one time, Aladdin grabbed her hand and was pulling her across the stage when her brown eyes flickered across the crowd and they quickly landed on me, making them light up. It reminded me of the first time we made eye contact during Spiderman when she looked at me and I gazed back, both of us smiling brightly at one another and that was the moment that changed everything.

All too soon the play was over and we hurried backstage. When we found Kirstie, she was wrapped up in Jake’s arms as they were kissing. Kirstie pulled back after a minute and I heard her say, “Jake, I have to go find Kendall, I saw him and James, Logan and Carlos in the crowd.”

“They’re at their concert, you probably just saw someone who looked like them,” Jake tried to persuade her. He’s such a jerk, he saw us!

“No, it was them,” She battled, pushing out of his arms and started running in the other direction but I called her name.

She quickly turned around and her eyes fell on us. Kirstie let out a squeal as she ran and jumped into my arms and I spun her around.

“You came,” She happily beamed, nuzzling her face into the crook of my neck as I held her tightly against my chest.

“I wouldn’t have ever missed it,” I whispered back.

In that moment, I felt like it was just me and her in the world and nothing else mattered. It just pained me to know she didn’t feel the same.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments? ppplleeeeaaasssseee? what are your guys' feelings on the story so far?