Scrub Up!

Late Night, Early Morning, Silly Sally.

I got into town two days ago, after I spent 24hrs unpacking my boxes and righting my room with the help of Eleanor, my cousin, I noted I had been living in Gulstone since I was 15 years old, and now that after Med-School I was back.

I had moved in with my Aunt Harriett, when my mother died. Eleanor was like a sister to me, my little brother Seth also lives here, he is now away at university learning art and reading literature.

I am in contrast lying in bed with a small hangover, I shouldn't have let Ellie drag me to karaoke last night, I wasn't singing last night - an activity I previously would never pass a chance up to do, but I was terrified that one of my new colleagues could be in the bar.

I remember that I heard a guy sing a song which made my heart bleed at his sincerity, I caught his eyes for a minute as we where leaving but it was too dark to see his full face, I saw him smile and turn to look at a group of people. I wish I could have just gone over and ask his name, but that wouldn't feel right when I still hadn't broken up with Robert, my long term college boyfriend, I didn't love him but couldn't leave him at the airport, I was going to drift and just leave it until we were numbed from each other and then it will be inevitable. Oh crap, I can't do that either, it would be no better than dumping him by text, I decide to text him and ask him to call me tonight, if not face to face then at least it would come from my mouth and not Courtney's, Courtney had been an ex-friend who was obsessed with ruining me and Rob - who supposedly had been sleeping with her while I worked nights.

I then sigh after tonight I could feel better. I scour YouTube on my phone while in bed, it's 6:30 am. I am not due up until 7am. I managed to find the song by 6:59, Iris by the Goo Goo Dolls, I listen to it and hear it in His voice.

I played it while dressing, I threw my hair in a bobble as I applied my natural make-up with extra concealer for the small bags under my eyes. I pull on my favorite lucky Hello Kitty bra and matching panties, placing comfort over style.

I opened my welcome pack, it included my first pair of blue scrubs, I was to wear the blue ones until I got to my mentor and found what division I'd be working on today. I was accepted last minute, in fact Gulstone had given me a conditional letter stating that it depended on their staff need whether I'd get in, just three days later an email told me to be back in Gulstone by the 1st of September. This letter was my main reason for deciding to finally break up with Robbie and catching the first plane and then coach to Gulstone, to start my life again.

I throw on the tight blue scrub top and fitted bottoms, I look in the mirror and laugh I look like a doctor, I mean I know I am but this is real not in my head.

I pull on my large knitted jumper and pull my hair from its bobble leaving it on my wrist, I looked more normal. I smiled as I threw my ring binders in my rucksack and picked up my house keys and rummage through an old drawers and find the special item, that I am searching for: my dolphin key ring, old and worn embossed with my name: Sally. This a present from my mum for my first day of secondary school, had been with me for all major moments of my life since.

I threaded it on my new house keys and locked my bedroom door. I walked downstairs and found my shoes on the rack. I hear Ellie munching in the kitchen as I walk in, I grab a banana and a cup of orange squash.

"Hey, Sally. I'm going to the 'open mic' night at the pub tonight, wanna come that Cute Guy might be there?" She smirked.

I started coughing on my orange juice "Cute Guy?"

"I saw you watching the Guy who sung Iris, he sings a set every Monday too." She smiles as Harriett walked in.

"Ellie your not still gushing about the new guy at the pub?" Harriett laughed and mussed Ellie's golden locks.

As she rearranges them she snorts, "He's been here for two weeks mum, not that new."

I laugh, "You know sometimes Ellie I forget your 20," I smile as she gives me a stare and then laughs at me.

"Ellie, are you getting the bus? We could walk together." She nods and grabs her stuff, as we leave Harriett gives us pack lunches, we thank her and make our way down the drive, it feels like when I was 16 and she was 14 all over again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know its slow but my original word document is full of action scenes, too many so I will be rewriting it on Mibba and weaving the tale a different way, same conclusion and funny chance meetings to come.
In fact the next chapter is full of twists and is going to be amazing please sub and read a few more chapters and then we will be in the swing of awsomeness :D