Scrub Up!

It's you! wait you're?

"Do I know you?" he asks, again. I want to blush please don't remember my bra.

"I saw you at the Boy and Goat, your good at singing." I stated it simply.

"Oh, I was going to say that you are the Hello Kitty Bra, from this morning." He smiled.
Crap! All he remembers is my Bra!.

I cough, “You’re the paramedic! Your badge said C. Phillips!” I pull a face in confusion,
“Oh, yeah walk with me…” he laughs as we open the door to the changing room, “…Pip?” he shouts.
From behind the lockers comes a guy who responds to the name Pip.

“Miss Harrison, this is Charles Phillip. My brother in law” he turns to Pip, “We accidentally exchanged coats at your house this morning when Lisa gave me a lift.” He says handing Pip a jacket as Pip hands him a similar coat with one difference in white writing the word ‘Doctor’.

I stood there for five minutes while, they exchanged pleasantries, Pip left and then Dr Carter turned to me.
He walked towards a single door in a pale colour.
“Lisa, my sister was the female technician who drove this morning.” He smiled as he walked me through another door, into a similar room, with its own door onto the corridor.

“This is the room you will use to change. Your locker number is in your pack.” He tapped on the stacks of paper Myrtar had given me. He then walked over to another locker and clicked it open and passed me a rucksack near identical to my own.

“Oh I have my own…” I look around. “Crap, I left it at the scene…” then I blush when I see the dolphin key ring on the zip, he had picked it up. “Thank you, Dr…” I mumble to a stop I didn't know what to call him.

“Oh yes I haven’t been very proper have I?” he laughed again sticking his hand out to be shook, I juggled my papers and bag onto one hand, only to realise it was the wrong hand free, he was left handed.

“Err… Hi I’m Sally Etta Harrison – Jones, but most people call me Sally Harrison.” I say twisting my arm the other way around to be shook, for once happy about being double jointed.

“I’m Bennett Carter. You can call me Ben, but when we’re consulting it is only ever Dr Carter.” He smiles and shakes my backwards arm.

He takes my bag, and releases my arm as we sit on the bench; I skim through my paper work until I find my locker number. 115. I find it and click it open, it has no lock and I smile as I brought a lock with me.

I take out the Scrubs and place them on the bench as I open my bag which Ben had put on the bench for me. I take out my ring binder and place the paperwork into one wallet. As Ben is texting, while I settle in. I then see him dial a number and leave the room.

I decide this is the best chance I will get to get changed into my new scrubs of a light pastel lime colour. I have the bottoms on and am about to put on the suspiciously thin cotton lime top, when Ben walks back in coughing, once again I'm in my bra and Ben throws me a white crew neck man’s long arm polo top and walks back out.

Gratefully I pull on the white top; it smells lush, like Prada aftershave, a smell I know too well after working in Boots during my pre-med years at college. I pull on the now more appealing lime top and pull up my hair into a ponytail and then I place on my glasses as I put my bag and belongings into my locker and then I lock it with the lock that was in my bag.

As I open the door to leave a dozen of what I think might be second year residents push in wearing, lemon scrubs. I get pushed back so hard that I trip over the bench hitting my head of the lockers. I get up as they ignore me. I walk out to find Ben, I'll get him to give me a concussion test.

As I get into the reception at A+E and see him in a cubical on the other side, I walk towards him feeling a little sick and as he sees me he waits for me to close the curtain behind me. Which I do, he is about to say something when I see the large gash in the patient’s leg, and I manage to grab the cardboard kidney shaped tray and I puke. I put the sick down on the side as I feel woozy again and I faint into Ben’s arms.