Status: Complete! :)

Surprise

Chapter Thirteen

the meadow

We were lying down in the middle of the meadow. Edward was on his back with one hand behind his head. I was snuggled up against his side, his other arm holding me close. It would have been the perfect couples picture.
That reminds me. . .
I reluctantly sat up and Edward immediately did the same. I pulled my camera out of my coat pocket and got up.
"What are you doing, Bella?" he asked curiously.
I started walking to the edge of the small clearing.
"Hold on a sec. Stay there." I commanded.
He didn't answer but he obeyed.
I got to the trees and held the camera up in front of my face so I could see the screen. I adjusted the setting to a timer so it would go off in a minute. Then I set it on a tree stump and ran – very carefully – back to Edward.
"I promised Renee a picture, but it wouldn't be complete without us in it."
"Right you are, love." he leaned over and kissed me. I kissed him back. We would have kept going, but we were interrupted by a flash.
We got up and went over to see the picture. Sure enough, it was a beautiful replica of us kissing in the center of our meadow.
"Edward. This is definitely going in the scrapbook."
"We don't have a scrapbook, Love."
Let me rephrase. "Edward. We definitely need to start a scrapbook."
"When we go shopping on Saturday we'll bye one." I smiled and looked up at him. He was smiling, too.
I put my camera back into my coat pocket and then we started walking back to our original spot in the grass. Instead of laying down, though, this time we just sat across from each other.
"We need to talk about names for the baby." I said.
"Yes. Yes, we do." he agreed.
We both sat there, thinking and every now and then coming out with a random name.
"Anna?" I suggested.
"Lilly?"
"Jean?"
We went through a lot of names.
A while went by as we thought some more.
Edward broke the silence.
"What about Kiley?" Kiley. I like it.
"It's perfect. Kiley." I felt a small kick inside of me. "I think she likes it, too." I smiled and so did Edward.
"But Kiley what?" he wondered aloud.
I've got it! "Elizabeth. Kiley Elizabeth Cullen."
"I love it. Thank you." he pulled me into a quick but loving kiss.
"Are you ready to go back to Renee and the others?" he asked.
"I think so. Just, please, try to keep Alice off of me. She probably already knows the name and if she likes it, she'll attack me, but if she hates it, she'll attack me. Either way, I loose."
He chucked, but agreed. He picked me up and we ran back to the car at the edge of the woods. We had to take the Volvo so Renee wouldn't get suspicious.

- - - - - -
back at the Cullen house

Edward got out of the car then opened my door and took my hand. Alice was waiting for us at the top of the porch. We walked toured her slowly. I could tell that she was excited because she was bouncing up and down impatiently.
"Bella, I love the name!" she squealed.
"Shhh!" I shushed her. "Quiet down. I want to surprise everyone with the name. Nobody will know until we get her room all done and decorated." Edward looked at me. He hadn't known about this. I just thought it would be nice to surprise them.
Wait a minute. . . "I thought you couldn't see the baby."
"I can't. But I can see when your planning on telling us."
"Right."
Edward and I walked into the house and Alice followed behind us. Everyone was in the big living room. Carlisle and Esme, Rose and Emmett, Renee and Phil, and Alice took her place next to Jasper.
"Alice told us that you chose a name for your baby." Esme said. Everyone in the room turned to us. They all had questioning looks on their faces.
"Yeah. We did." Edward replied.
"What is it?" Rosalie asked.
I answered her. "You won't find out till the nursery is finished and decorated."
"You told Alice but you won't tell you own mother?" Renee asked, teasingly.
I turned to Alice. "Well, if she's going to help decorate, she needs to know the name. The rest of you are just going to have to be patient and find out." I made sure that Alice herd the word 'help'. She's not taking over and if I don't want something, I will not allow her to push me into getting it. Edward and I get control.
"Thank you, Bella!" she squealed and gave me a big hug.
Kiley's room would be done very quickly with Esme's building / renovating skills and Alice's love to shop and decorate. Strangely, though, I wanted to shop and decorate for this. For my baby.
Speaking of rooms – I knew that he really didn't sleep, but, "Where are you going to sleep tonight, Edward?" I know that I'm not a very good actress, but, for Renee's sake, we needed to come up with something. "You could sleep at Charlie's with me tonight if you want."
"Thank you, but I think I'll fine on the couch for a couple of nights." then he whispered, quiet enough for Renee not to hear, "Your mother doesn't like that idea very much. I don't think Charlie would either."
I sighed, and saw Emmet chuckle silently at my reaction.
I glared at him briefly.