Status: Complete! :)

Surprise

Chapter Twenty

a few hours later

My eyes stated to open slowly. I was in Edward's bed under the covers. I was very tired after giving birth, so Edward talked me into taking a nap for awhile and he would bring Kiley in later. I wanted to object but I really need some sleep.
"Edward." I said quietly, still a little sleepy. About a second later he opened the door slowly and peeked in. Once he made sure I was awake, he opened the door all the way and then sat on the edge of the bed.
He leaned toured me and gave me a kiss.
When he backed away I asked, "What time is it?"
"It's about 4:20 PM." he replied.
"Where's Kiley?"
"Don't worry. She's with Rose in her and Emmett's room." he said with a smile.
I started to get up and Edward handed me some fresh clothes. They were my, older, smaller clothes. I wasn't so big anymore.
"There are a few people downstairs waiting for us. I haven't gone to greet them yet. I've been waiting for you. They haven't met Kiley yet, either."
This was a little bit of a surprise. "Who?"
"Jessica, Angela, Ben, Tyler, and Eric are here from school, but no one, besides Alice, Rose, and I, have seen Kiley yet. Renee's eager. She's been trying to get us to let her upstairs but we won't let her yet."
"Okay." I got out of bed. "I'll be out in a second. Let me get changed." I shooed him out.
When I was finished getting dressed, I walked out of Edward's room. I walked down a flight of stairs to the second floor and went over to Rosalie and Emmett's room.
"Congrats, Bells!" I heard someone say from behind me as I was about to open the door. It was Jake.
"Thanks, Jake." I said. "When did you get here?" I didn't remember Edward saying anything about Jacob being here.
"Just now. Renee called me." he smiled.
"How did you get past Alice to get up here?"
"Easy. She let me. I didn't have to do much."
"Come on, Jake." I said as I opened the door to meet my daughter for the first time.
We walked in and Rose was holding her. She was wrapped in a small, soft, pink blanket. From where I was standing, I could see little bronze colored curls and pale skin. We walked closer and stopped when we got to the bed.
"Could we have a moment alone?" Edward asked Rosalie, Emmett, and Jake.
Rose handed him Kiley and left. Emmett followed her.
"Does Charlie know yet?" Jacob asked Edward.
Edward shook his head. "No. Not yet."
"Kay. I'm going to go let him know." and then he walked off.
"Would you like hold her?" Edward asked me.
I nodded and he handed her to me.
"She's beautiful." I whispered.
She had Charlie's curls, Edwards bronze hair. She had pale skin but rosy cheeks. Her eyes. . .they were beautiful. But violet? Where did the violet come from? Maybe because she's half human and half vampire?
I sat down on the bed and Edward sat next to me, his arm around my waist.