Status: Complete! :)

Surprise

Chapter Twenty-two

Bella's P. O. V.

"What do you think Charlie will say about the eyes?" I asked Edward. Neither of us had violet eyes. I had chocolate brown eyes and he had beautiful golden eyes. Like liquid topaz. When he was human they were green, but Charlie wouldn't know that.
"I don't know." he answered. "I haven't thought about it."
He leaned in to give me a kiss.
"Cullen!" I heard someone yell from the doorway. Edward broke the kiss. I hadn't known someone came up. Apparently Edward didn't either because he looked as surprised as I felt. "You have some explaining to do!"
It was Mike. What in the world is he talking about?
He came closer, and then I realized that he wasn't alone. Charlie and Jacob were with him. Jake looked nervous and Charlie looked worried. Mike. . .well, Mike looked a little scared, confused, nervous, and worried all at once.
Edward stiffened beside me. What was going on?
"I saw you Cullen." Mike said in a low voice. "I saw you earlier today. When you pulled up in the school parking lot." he was right in front of us now. "I saw you get out of the car.
You. . .sparkled. . .and then disappeared. What the hell is going on?"
Charlie looked at Mike, then Edward, then me. He looked more confused than worried now.
"Mike, are doing okay?" Charlie asked. "This all sounds crazy. I could give you a ride home." he put his hand on Mike's shoulder. He shook it off.
"No. I'm not crazy. I was in the parking lot. I was on my way to the office to drop off a paper." he paused and then looked at Edward. "What are you?" pause. "And what's that baby?" I clutched Kiley closer to me.