‹ Prequel: A Blessing in Disguise

Wild Clumsy Heart

Cinque

Day 9 in the hospital. I'm all stitched up and my body is covered in bruises. Under normal circumstances I would be allowed to leave the hospital by now to get rest at my own house, but since I'm pregnant the doctors are taking extra precaution to make sure the baby is doing well.

I haven't talked to Zach since the day of the accident. He briefly visited me right after I woke up. It's all driving me crazy. At this point not even daytime television can distract me. Unfortunately my phone was destroyed in the accident, so there is no way of contacting Zach. Not even my own mother will visit me, she hasn't even looked at me since I told her I was having another baby with Zach.

For the next 5 days I sat in my hospital room and drowned in my thoughts. I was surrounded with myself and I was slowly going crazy. This morning my doctor told me I will be released this afternoon around two. He told me that they set up a designated driver to take me back to my apartment. I went along with everything he said because all I cared about was the fact that I'm going to be in the comfort of my own home soon.

When the nurse gave me the ok to be released I grabbed my already packed bag off the chair and headed to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm Grace and.."

"Please sign this release form." The lady handed me a clipboard.

"Why isn't the medical bill on here?"

"Someone already paid for all of the expenses."

"What? Who?" I asked desperately.

"Some man by the name of Zachary Porter." She said while taking the clipboard back.

She pointed towards the door, "Your ride is waiting out front for you."

I gave her a confused look and headed out the door.

Sure enough, Zach was sitting in his car out front.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in so long :$