‹ Prequel: A Blessing in Disguise

Wild Clumsy Heart

Sette

The next month passed by quickly. My apartment officially turned into Zach and I's apartment. He moved into the guest room across the hall from mine. He's confused by my sudden change in attitude towards him. What he doesn't know is I was awake when he told me about Maddie and why he is acting the way he was. Also his kiss that night made it hard to be mad at him. It was perfect and the sparks were flying. I decided not to tell Zach that I knew because I didn't want to endanger the baby and I. To be honest, I'm scared of Maddie. I've known her for along time and with that I know that she is capable of hurting someone if she really wanted to. How could I of been so stupid? Of course she wants to steal Zach from me, who would want him? He is beyond gorgeous. His perfect cheek bones and jawline. His perfectly straight teeth and crooked smile. The way his blue eyes make you feel like you're melting in the ocean. Wait. Stop it Grace, stop it. I need to stop drooling over Zach and start focusing on bigger issues.

A faint knock came from the other side of the door.

"Come in" I said quietly.

"Hey, how are you doing this morning? Do you need anything?" Zach asked slowly.

"I'm fine, thank you." I said with a smile.

His face turned into a confused expression as he turned to leave my room.

"Hey, Zach? Do you mind talking?" I said hopefully.

He turned back and shut my door. He walked over to my bed and sat down next to me.

"What's wrong?" He was obviously concerned.

"Nothing, I... I just miss taking to you." My voice cracked.

I lift my head and looked into his eyes. I had tears in my own eyes.

"What... Wha... what went wrong?" My tears and lack of air interrupted my words.

Silence. Complete silence between us. Truth is I don't think either of us knew.

"I.. I... I.. I'm not sure. Grace I'm so sorry to put you through all of this." At this point he was full on crying.

He bent down and shoved his face into my blankets. He gripped the sheets as he sobbed into them.

I was lost. In a relationship I was always the one who ended up crying. Now Zach is sitting in front of me crying. This isn't some bullshit tears, this is real and raw emotion. I can see his heart going through physical pain. This can only mean one thing.

"Do you love me?" I said in a low whisper.

"Always" He whispered back.

I grabbed his jawbones between my hands and pulled his face to mine. My eyes darted back and forth between the left and right side of his face. I wanted to examine every detail of him. I ran my fingers down his cheek bones, his unshaven scruff tickling my finger tips. I leaned in closer to his face. My lips hovered over his. Our heavy breathing and hot breath met each others mouth. Our eyes placed on each others lips. Leaned in and met his lips. There was a moment of hesitation from him. When he kissed back our lips melted together. It felt like electricity sparking between our lips. His tongue grazed my bottom lip begging for entry. I allowed his tongue to enter. My palms were sweating as a gripped the back of his hair with my hands. We stayed like that until I ran out of breath and pulled away.

I leaned back and lied down on my bed. Zach followed my example and lied down next to me.

"Do you love me?" He whispered.

"Always."
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for not updating in a long time, I promise that I will update more often.

I will make it up to you in the next chapter, it will be a long chapter and I need your help naming the baby, I already know the gender but I won't tell you and ruin the surprise. Comment giving me both boy and girl names.

;D