‹ Prequel: A Blessing in Disguise

Wild Clumsy Heart

Otto

"I hate you! I hate you for doing this to me!" I screamed at Zach.

Today was one of those emotional roller coaster days. For me the easiest thing to do is blame Zach. We were both equally responsible for the pregnancy, but reasoning with me while I'm in a bad mood is nearly impossible.

"Calm down, Grace. Can I get you anything?" He was now sitting on the edge of my bed and holding my left hand.

"No." I made a pouty face and rolled over so I wasn't facing him.

"Alright, I will leave and let you rest then, I guess." He stood up and left the room.

My eyelids became heavy as I sunk down in the sheets. I wrapped my right arm around the back of my pillow and rested my left one on my belly.

I woke up from something being thrown on my legs. It took a couple of seconds for my eyes to adjust to the scene lying out in front of me. Zach stood on the side of my bed with a big cheesy grin on his face. My eyes trailed down to my legs, they stopped when a dress caught them.

I sat up and looked over to Zach.

"What's this?" I questioned him.

"It's something for you to wear tonight, I'm taking you out."

"Zach, in case you haven't noticed I'm almost nine months pregnant. Going out is not on the top of my priority list." I folded my arms over my chest to emphasize my sass.

"We're not going anywhere crazy and trust me you'll like it."

I rolled my eyes and picked up the dress to examine it.

He smiled in satisfaction and announced that we were leaving in an hour.

The hour passed by quickly. I put make up on for the first time in months. I slipped the dress over my rather large belly and smoothed out the bottom. I looked over at the clock and determined it was a good time to go.

I cracked open my bedroom door and gazed down the hallway.

"Zach..?" I whispered.

"Yes!" I heard from the kitchen, along with the sound of a pan being dropped into the sink.

He jogged down to the end of the hallway and leaned down to match the level of my face.

"What's wrong?" He questioned after seeing the rather disturbed look on my face.

"Nothing really.. it's just.. I.. I feel self conscious, you know being pregnant and all." I turned to look away so he could look into my eyes.

"Open the door and let me see."

I stepped back from the door and allowed him to come in.

He examined me and stood there silently. His face was unidentifiable and suddenly I felt self conscious all over again.

"What? What is it?" I interrogated.

"It's... just.. you look so beautiful." He smiled at me.

"And if anyone has anything to say about your pregnancy, I will stand there beside you and tell them that I did that you and we couldn't be happier."

I was speechless. I walked over to him as he captured me in his arms.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for any spelling errors, I'm too tired to go back and check tonight.

I'll try and update more often.

:P