‹ Prequel: A Blessing in Disguise

Wild Clumsy Heart

Nine

With Zach behind the wheel we some how managed to arrive at a small building downtown. I frantically looked around to try and find a sign telling me where we were. Unfortunately Zach parked behind the building and I had no such luck.

He turned the ignition off and quickly hopped out of the car so I wouldn't have time to interrogate him.

He opened the passenger side door and grabbed my hand to help me out of the car.

I decided not to ask questions and just let him carry on with whatever he was doing.

He interlocked our fingers when my feet reached the ground. He pushed the door shut with his free hand. I took a deep breath which made him squeeze my hand even tighter.

I quickly ruined my 'no questions asked' when he opened the back door to the strange building.

"Zach, is there something wrong with the front door?"

"Actually, yes." He sassed me back.

I shut up after that and followed his lead. Going through the door I quickly smelled the combination of beer and old furniture.

"Oh no, no this is not happening." I protested.

Stopped in my place, I released Zach's hand and folded my arms over my chest.

"Come on Grace!" He said while tugging my arm lightly.

"No! I'm not going to one of your concerts. I've seen you like a hundred times and all of your fans know me. They also know very personal things, like that John died. What do you think they're going to say when they see I'm pregnant again? They're going to think I'm a whore because we're not even married!"

His smile dropped into a serious face after I said the word whore. He walked over to me, grabbed both of my hands, and leveled his face to mine.

"Hey, no one here thinks you're a whore. All the fans have been super supportive of our relationship and you know that."

I couldn't say no. His face was just inches from mine and my heart was racing.

I bit my lip and shrugged.

"Ok, I'll go."

His usual smile returned to his face.

"Besides if you were a whore you'd be my whore." He joked.

"Zachary!" I slapped his shoulder.

He stuck his tongue out at me before grabbing my hand and dragging me down the hallway.

I found a spot on the side of the stage where I could see the boys perfectly. Zach made sure I was comfortably seated before he ran on stage.

The crowd boomed with excitement as he sang through the set. I didn't realize how much I missed watching the boys preform. I bobbed my head and wiggled as much as a pregnant woman could.

As Zach finished singing Teenage Hearts I stood up to meet him on the side of the stage behind the curtain. Usually Teenage Hearts is the closing song for the set, so when the boys didn't immediately run off the stage I knew something was up.

"So uh, I have one more song I would like to sing tonight." Zach said with a squeaky worn out voice.

"But before I start the song I need to bring out a very special girl. Some of you might remember her. Grace come out here please." He turned towards me.

I was frozen in my spot. My thoughts raced and my feet were glued to the floor. Before I knew it Brent and Dillon were dragging me onto the stage. They stopped when I was standing next to Zach. I turned away from the crowd and faced Mikey's drum set behind Zach. He grabbed my shoulders and twisted me so I was facing him. My cheeks flushed a bright red color as I made eye contact with him.

"This one's for you." He said with a wink.

It's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Is it the look in your eyes,
Or is it this dancing juice?
Who cares baby,
I think I wanna marry you.

Well I know this little chapel on the boulevard we can go,
No one will know,
Oh, come on, girl.
Who cares if we're trashed got a pocket full of cash we can blow,
Shots of patron,
And it's on, girl.

Don't say no, no, no, no-no;
Just say yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah-yeah;
And we'll go, go, go, go-go.
If you're ready, like I'm ready.

Cause it's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you...


He's singing Marry you by Bruno Mars. Zachary David Porter is singing marry you to me. My emotions flooded my brain as I stood there with tears in my eyes.

As finished he turned towards me and got down on one knee. The crowd cheered louder than ever before. I pulled my hand to my mouth as an over barring smile broke out on my face. I knew this feeling all too well.

"Will you marry me forreal this time, Grace?" He asked.

Tears flowed out of my eyes as the crowd collectively screamed 'Say yes!'

I shook my head up and down and whisper "yes" between my tears.

The crowd boomed. Cameron, Mikey, Brent, Dillon, Ricky, and the whole crew clapped. Zach slipped the ring on my finger, stood up and embraced me tightly.

Between the hug and my tears I could barley breath.

Tonight was perfect.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think you guys were waiting for this one.

I also think you all know what's happening in the next chapter ;)