Run

Two

I am standing trial for my crimes. I have to tell them what I felt then.. How I feel now.


What makes you so much better now?


I don't know. I hate myself for doing it. I shouldn't have listened, but I couldn't help it. He brainwashed all of us. He was an awful human. Smart, but awful.

Why should we say you aren't guilty?


Why wouldn't you say I am? I did it. I don't deny taking part in the holocaust, almost fully aware of what I was doing.

Why are you doing this? What will telling us you're guilty achieve?


My death. I feel like I don't deserve for you to tell me that I'm fine. You would be telling me lies if you come up to me and tell me I don't deserve to die. I feel like I almost have to die.

You are free to plead guilty; save us a few hours.


I want to let you know that I did it wholeheartedly. I meant to do it. Somewhere in my mind, I wanted to do it. I wanted to kill those people. I couldn't wait to let those nasty kikes suffer. They deserved it-- in my mind.

You want them all dead?


Not in the present tense. I wanted it to happen. My best friend is a kike.

Can you stop saying that? Kike?


Why?

It's wrong--


Politically incorrect.

I guess so.


It seems to be a habit. I can try to stop.

Thank y--


Are you a kik-- Jew?

That is irrelevant.


Not to me.

That is irrelevant to the case. Stop questioning the attorney, Mr. Schwartz.


I'm sorry.

Do you believe that Adolf Hitler brainwashed you?


Yes. He was a very smart man. Even you, sir, cannot argue that.

Why are you wasting our time here, Mr. Schwartz?


I want you to know that yes, while I may be guilty for my crimes, I should not be punished because I will never do that again.

If you did it once, you may be just as easily tricked into doing it again.


He was right. It was what I was afraid of all along. Doing it again.

Does your Jewish friend know you were a Nazi?


Yes.

What's his name?


Michael Adler.

Prosecution calls Michael Adler to the stand.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoyed this chapter. :)

~ Subscribe - Comment ~

xoxo,
Jessica