Run

Three

Today is the day. I don't think I'll make it out of here alive. There's no way that they'll let me live.


He's honestly a good guy, although there are some times when he scares me.


He ratted me out. My best friend told the judge that I could still be scary and that he has thought that I would kill him on several occasions. He knows I'd never hurt him. I've never hurt him. Now he won't have a best friend because they're going to kill me. Sure, he was under oath but that doesn't mean that he has to tell them that he believes that I could kill him. Theoretically, anyone could kill him. Even the judge who is sitting here, right in front of us. He is going to kill me in just a few moments. When the jury comes back and says that I'm guilty, which I didn't deny, he's going to sentence me to hang.


Yes, he's a bit scary. On several occasions, I've thought that he might kill me.


I would never kill him because he's been nothing but a friend to me. I have learned that Hitler was wrong. He has been a perfect friend. He wouldn't hurt me and I wouldn't hurt him. I couldn't hurt him. There's just no way. He's an amazing friend! Of course now that he's sentenced me to death, I'm not sure of that. There's nothing he can say that will make me forgive him for trying to kill me. It's been proven that he's out to get me. He knew that the jury will either decided that I'm not guilty or that I'll be given the death sentence. I might as well just be executed right here. There's no way that I'll be innocent. I can't be innocent. I'm guilty! The whole courtroom knows that I'm guilty and so does the judge and the jurors. I know why, too. It's because I am. I am guilty.


What do you mean?
He might have wanted to kill me at some point during our friendship.
Michael! You know that I could never kill you!
Be quiet, Mr. Schwartz, you are not allowed to talk when someone else is at the stand.


Why did I yell out? I knew that they wouldn't count whatever I said. I knew that there was no point in yelling, but I did. I yelled out.

The jurors come back in to decide my fate.[/left

Mr. William Schwartz, the jury has found you guilty of your war crimes.
You are sentenced to be hanged at two o'clock tomorrow afternoon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter is the last.

comment ~ subscribe


x.
Jessica