Run

Four

I didn't want them to watch.

No parents should ever bury their child.

My father once told me that when our neighbors' son passed away when I was eleven. He was eight years old.

I had no idea what to think about dying. We all had our wishes that we wouldn't just stop everything. I had contemplated what it would be like to not think. I couldn't imagine it. My mother has her strong beliefs that there is a heaven and a hell. She wants me to be in heaven. In fact, I hope there isn't a heaven. If there is a heaven, there must be a hell. I knew where I would go.

I never wanted to die because of someone else's will. I never wanted to be killed, but I will be.

The thought of death scared me.


I never admitted it, but death scared me. It's too bad that the fear I had didn't stop me from killing all of those people. I shouldn't have listened to him. I should have listened to my parents and stayed home like a good man. It's too bad that I'm not a good man. No one can argue with the logic I have found myself believing.


I should be killed.


I step onto the small tower they have created for my death.

It is sad that the whole town has come to watch me struggle for my last moments of life. Some have come to say goodbye, others have come to spit on my grave.

I deserve it.


I stand in front of the small people as two men put the noose around my neck.


I was scared, I do not deny, but I wasn't upset. Sadness and anger were the two last emotions in my mind. I smiled softly, wanting people to know that I died happily, at peace.


They remove the handcuffs from my wrists, tying them together with the same rope around my neck.


The time was coming. I wished I could wave goodbye to my mother. I glanced at her, she was crying. I nodded slightly, an indication that I would be okay. I looked at my father. He seemed stern, disappointed, and upset all at once.


I stood on the platform, a tear sliding down my cheek.


The platform dropped beneath me.


And everything goes black.
♠ ♠ ♠
The End.

I hope you enjoyed it.

comment


x.
Jessica