Status: first story, so try to go easy on me, please.

Stay Positive.

Let Love Bleed Red.

"No, you won't."

"Who the hell is gonna stop me? I'm my own person, Martha. I can make my own-"

"Just think about this. What about the kids? What am I supposed to tell them?"

"That's your own problem."

"No, Jeremy, please. I can't do this without you."

"The hell you can't. You've been taking control of this house your entire life! You would do just fine without me. Don't guilt me into staying."

"Just-"

"No! I'm leaving, and that is final!"

"Jeremy, please just - wait, what are you doing? Honey? Please, put it down! You don't want to do this! I love y-"


Damon woke with a start, sitting up in his sheets. His heart pounding, he wiped his clammy hands on the cold blankets, taking deep breaths. The loud bang that had erupted just before he came to was still pounding in his ears, and all he could hope was that he had been dreaming; none of what he had just heard happened.

"Mom..." he cleared his throat, his call coming out broken and rhaspy. "Mom?"

He heard the floorboards creaking and popping under someone's weight, and for a split second he thought it was his mother. However, when the tall, strongly-built man that was his father appeared in his doorway, Damon slunk back against the headboard of his bed.

"Your mother isn't here anymore, Damon. We already talked about this."

Damon stayed where he was, staring up at his father and nodding subtly. The forty year-old man sighed, turning and walking out. As the small boy sat, curled up in his blankets, he took deep breaths. He was the only one who knew what really happened to his mother. His other sibling, his older sister Carrie, was completely oblivious to what their father had done.

His father had figured that he wouldn't even understand what had happened. After all, he was only eleven years old. He would tell him his mother had done it to herself, and he would believe him. And Damon had acted as though he had believed him. When in reality, Damon had stirred awake when he heard one of the adults slam a cabinet shut during the argument. He knew exactly what happened, and now he was reliving that experience every time he fell asleep.

His family was falling apart, and there wasn't anything he could do about it.

His father was dead a month later. Following him, his sister. They both had gone the same way - shot with the same gun their mother had been killed with. Damon had almost followed them as well. He tells himself that he had decided that he was going to live for his broken family. When in reality, to this very day, he wishes that he had gotten to the gun.

CPS beat him to the punch.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is just a little background on what happened to Damon in the past - why he doesn't have touch with his family, that sort of stuff. Yes, I know I could've added more. I just chose not to because... well, I don't know.
Just for clarification, "CPS beat him to the punch" meant they got the gun before he did. Because I have a feeling someone will be confused by that.
Thanks for reading! Give me some feedback? :D