Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

A girl likes Kisame?

Kisame wasn’t sure but he thought that girl standing beside him was checking him out. He could be wrong but something told him he was right. She was cute he had to admit. She had short dark blue hair and light green eyes.

She wasn’t as tall as him but she looked to be about 5’8, which was how tall Itachi was. Every time Kisame glanced her way he caught her staring at him. She would look away nervously then. He grinned and decided to ask her about it.

“Hey, my name’s Kisame, I’ve noticed you staring at me.”

He said to the cute girl. She blushed embarrassed to be caught in the act.

She laughed nervously, “My name’s Ami and I was staring at you.”

The last part she said flirtatious.

Kisame turned a purple color.

“I think you’re cute,” she concluded looking quickly away.

Kisame grinned, “No need to be so shy. You’re cute too.”

Ami looked up at him and flushed, “Really?”

Kisame nodded, “In fact I’d like to take you out on a date. What do you say?”

Ami looked at him, held his gaze and said, “Sure. I’d love to.”

Kisame grinned. “Here’s my number,” he replied after he had scribbled it on a piece of paper.

She smiled and walked out of the grocery store.

Before she completely left she turned around and said, “Thanks. I’ll call you later.”

Kisame waved goodbye and smiled to himself. He was glad he had gone to pick up groceries for his parents. If he hadn’t he would have never met that gorgeous girl, called Ami. He couldn’t believe she actually thought he was cute. It wasn’t inconceivable, but it had never happened before. He always heard Itachi talking about his dates and the types of girls he went out with, but he had never thought he would get a chance to go out on a date with a girl.

The best part was she had been flirting with him, instead of the other way around, which was how it usually went. He would ask cute girls out but for whatever reason they would always turn him down. Kisame had to tell Itachi about this. He would be psyched.
Kisame called Itachi after he had put up the groceries and told his parents he was back. Kisame waited for Itachi to pick up. After the third ring he heard his friend’s voice.

“Kisame? What’s up?” He said surprised sounding.

“Do I have some news for you Itachi,” he replied trying to contain his excitement.

“Oh? What is it?” He responded.

“When I was going to get some groceries for my parents I saw this cute girl checking me out.”

“Are you serious?” Itachi questioned.

Kisame laughed, “Would I kid about something like this?”

“True, you wouldn’t. So what happened next?”

“Well the cute girl told me she thought I was cute.”

Itachi chuckled, “Dude that’s awesome. Did you ask her out?”

“Yes and the best part is she agreed to go out with me. I even gave her my number, so she could call me to talk more about our date.”

Itachi laughed, “That’s great Kisame!! See I told you a nice girl would want to go out with you one of these days. What’s her name?”

“Ami,” Kisame replied glowing.

Kisame talked to Itachi some more mostly about girls but some about his band, “The Akatsuki.” Itachi told him they were getting better at harmonizing together and soon they would be doing a gig. Kisame was happy for his friend. He liked Itachi’s band, they were talented and none of them were swallow or rude to him. Kisame ended the call, telling Itachi he needed to get started on his homework.

“All right, good luck, killer.” Itachi said chuckling.

Kisame laughed and hung up. He went over to his backpack, pulled out his homework and started on it. As he was doing it a smile crept on his face.
♠ ♠ ♠
New chapter. :D