Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Zetsu's Job

Zetsu worked at a florist’s called, “Green Gables.” He was a cashier, a stocker and a delivery boy. He vastly enjoyed his job because it meant he could be around flowers and plants. He had a thing for flowers and plants. Not many people understood why but the few that did had gained his utmost respect. He was currently in the back, taking inventory of the flowers in stock.

So far there were five dozen roses, four dozen lilies, six dozen sunflowers and eight dozen irises. He wrote it all down on a notepad that the store owner would look at. Coming out of the storage area he put the note pad down, and told Sara, the other worker that he could handle the cashier now. She nodded and left for the day. He waited for customers then. A minute or two later a beautiful girl with black hair and pink eyes walked in. She flipped her hair and walked up to Zetsu.

She made his heart stop when she spoke to him. “I would like a dozen red roses please.”

Zetsu stared at her dumbly, looking at her luscious lips. He shook himself out of it and said, “I’ll get them. It’ll only be a moment.”

She nodded and he excused himself. Zetsu went in the back, picked out the most fresh and most beautiful roses and took them with him. He came out of the storage area and put the roses down on the counter. She pulled out her wallet, which had a cute flowery pattern on it.

“How much do I owe you?” She asked.

“80 dollars is how much it’s going to be,” he replied.

She nodded took out her cash and handed it over to him. She had given him a one hundred dollar bill. He made the change and gave her twenty dollars back.

She smiled and said, “You’re really nice, um what’s your name?”

“It’s Zetsu and what’s yours my beauty?”

She laughed and said, “It’s Nori. You’re sweet.”

Zetsu grinned, “I try to be; especially to people as sweet and pretty as you.”

She blushed and played with a lock of her black hair.

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to embarrass you,” Zetsu said apologizing.

She shook her head, “It’s okay. I’ve just never had someone as cute as you flirt with me.”

Zetsu didn’t believe that. Looking at this girl, he had a feeling she had had her share of boyfriends. She didn’t seem to be the type of girl to be single for long. She was beautiful and sweet, which were good qualities in a person. Nori took the roses, waved goodbye to him sweetly and left Zetsu smiling.

He had never thought even in his dreams that a girl as beautiful as Nori would talk to him, let alone be so sweet. He was flabbergasted and shocked beyond belief. He was glad though that he had met her. She was so unlike any of the other girls he had met and known. Most of the girls Zetsu knew wouldn’t give him the time of day and that had always depressed him.

They wouldn’t even give him a chance, which was lame, because he wasn’t bad looking. Sure he was green colored but other than that he didn’t see why girls didn’t think he was handsome. It was a mystery all right, but he assumed it was because they were all shallow. Nori had stolen his breath away, made him remember that there were good people out there.

He had a feeling that he would be seeing Nori again, because he thought he had made a good impression on her. Who knew? Maybe they would start seeing each other. He just needed to be positive, which was hard for him, but he would do it. He smiled again and went back to watching over the store.