Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

A Broken art piece

Deidara was sitting in his room sketching a drawing out. The image had just popped in his head and he knew he had to capture it on paper. He moved his hand up and down the paper, making quick and precise lines. As he was doing this he didn’t notice his phone buzzing next to him. He only noticed it when he took his attention away from his drawing.

“I wonder who it is,” he muttered and grabbed it just before it stopped buzzing.

He answered his phone then and putting it to his ear said, “Hello?”

“Hey dude,” Sasori’s smooth voice replied.

“Uh what’s up?” Deidara asked confused as to why Sasori was calling him; he usually texted him instead.

Sasori laughed, “I know, I know you’re wondering why I called.”

“Well, yeah you always text me when you need to talk,” Deidara responded.

Sasori sighed, “I just really needed to talk to you. Texting just wouldn’t do. Will you listen?” His voice had a strange tone to it.

Almost sad, Deidara wondered what was wrong. “Sure, Sasori tell me what’s going on,” he remarked.
“Okay. I never told you this but…My favorite uncle died,” he said dejectedly.

Deidara gulped, “Your Uncle Matt died?”

Deidara could hear a sob in Sasori’s voice then, “Y-eah.” Sasori started to hiccup then and Deidara could tell he was crying.

Poor guy. “I’m coming over,” Deidara said suddenly.

“What? No Dei you don’t have to do that,” Sasori replied quickly.

Deidara ran a hand through his hair, “No. I actually do.”

“I’ll be there soon,” he said hastily. Deidara hung up and started to grab his things.

~Fifteen Minutes later~

Deidara knocked on the door of Sasori’s house, and waited patiently for someone to answer. He didn’t have to wait long. Sasori’s mother opened the door shortly afterward.

“Hello mam. I’m here to see Sasori,” he said.

“Oh, well come right in dear,” she said pleasantly. She opened the door wider and Deidara walked in.

“He’s up in his room,” she responded.

Deidara nodded and went up to his room. He knocked and Sasori opened the door. His hair was messy and he was holding a book in his right hand. The cover said, “Just Bitten.”

“Are you okay?” He responded cautiously.

Sasori nodded, “I’m okay now. Come in why don’t you.” Sasori let Deidara in. He closed the door behind them and went over to his bed. Putting down his book he sat down, facing Deidara.

“Would you like to talk about it?” Deidara asked.

Sasori sighed, leaning down so that his hair covered on of his eyes. “Why did this have to happen? Now of all times…”

Deidara frowned and cocked his head, “What are you talking about?”

Sasori glanced at his blonde friend then his entire demeanor changed. He looked more upbeat and his face lit up a bit.

He chuckled softly, “I have a crush on Hinata and I wanted to ask her out.” Sasori’s face reddened and he actually looked happy now.

“Ooh, who’s this Hinata girl?” Deidara asked smirking.

Sasori laughed, “She’s a beautiful, sweet and kind girl in my grade. I’ve had a thing for her since summer when I got invited to a swimming party. She looked so cute in a bikini.”

Deidara laughed, “You saw her in a bikini, huh?”

Sasori turned scarlet then and nodded quickly.

Deidara could tell he was embarrassed but he couldn’t help teasing him. “So I take it she’s got long hair? You’ve always been attracted to girls with long hair.”

“Yeah she has beautiful long purple hair,” he stated.

Deidara elbowed Sasori then, “Come on spill it are you in love with her?”

Sasori shook his head, “No it’s not like that. I just really like her.”

Deidara nodded, smiling. The two of them talked and then started playing video games on his Xbox 360. Deidara could tell Sasori was feeling better by the way he talked and moved. He seemed much more carefree and less burdened by the loss of his favorite uncle.

Deidara didn’t dare bring it up again, for fear of upsetting Sasori once more. Deidara didn’t mind talking about girls to his best friend. Sasori always listened to him, and sometimes he wondered if he talked too much about himself. This was just a way to repay him for all of the times he had been there for him.