Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Pool of Love

Ami called Kisame the following day after school. Kisame was feeding his fish when he heard his phone go off. The song, “Control,” by Puddle of Mudd played. Kisame answered it on the third ring.

“Kisame speaking,” he answered.

“Hey Kisame, it’s me Ami,” he heard her say.

Kisame blushed, she had called so soon, did she really like him that much? “Oh hey girl, what’s up?” He asked her casually.

He heard her laugh, “I was just calling to talk about our date. When did you want to see me?”

Kisame smiled and replied, “Anytime you wish sweetie.”

Ami giggled, “How about this Friday?”

That was two days from now. It would do. “Sure, how about we see a movie?”

“Okay, we could see that new action movie,” she responded.

Kisame laughed, “Are you sure you want to see that one?” He walked over to his bed and sat down on it.

“Yes, I’m really into action movies,” she said.

Huh, so she wasn’t like other girls. Most girls would want to go to a romance movie instead. He had to admit he liked that she was different.

“All right, I’ll see you Friday then,” Kisame stated.

They hung up and Kisame was feeling quite happy now. He knew it was because of Ami. She made him feel giddy, and Kisame had never felt that way before. He realized he really liked her and he hadn’t even known her that long. It was strange and odd but he couldn’t help how he felt.

For once in his life a girl wasn’t laughing at his looks, or even ignoring him, she was instead acknowledging him and trying to get him to like her. Well she had succeeded in that aspect.

He didn’t mind one bit that it had taken this long for a girl as cute and kind as Ami to notice him. All that mattered now was how they both felt about each other, because in the end that’s what was important.