Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Does God make Miracles Happen?

Hidan was exhausted. School had been tiring. He walked up to his house and dug in his left pocket for his key. Pulling it out, he stuck it in the lock and turned. Walking in, he dropped his backpack to the ground and went into the kitchen for a snack. Making his way to the fridge, he saw out of the corner of his eye, his mom.

She walked into the kitchen and said to him, “Oh you’re home Hidan.”

“Yup,” he replied, rummaging in the fridge.

“If you don’t mind could you give this to give this to Mrs. Yamanaka,” his mom responded, handing him a present.

He stopped his rummaging and took it. “What is this for?” He asked confused.

His mom explained, “Mrs. Yamanaka gave me a present for my birthday last year, I just wanted to return the favor, since her birthday’s today.”

Hidan nodded, “That’s nice. I’ll give this to her for you mom, just let me have a snack.”

“Sure honey,” his mom said and left him.

Hidan walked up to the Yamanaka’s house with the present in tow. He went up to the door and knocked. Waiting, he tapped his foot and hummed a song from his band.
The door opened then. Only it wasn’t Mrs. Yamanaka.

It was someone much younger. This young woman had long blonde hair pulled back in a high ponytail. She had the most gorgeous crystal blue eyes.

“Um hello?” The young woman said a question mark in her greeting.

“Sorry I’m looking for Mrs. Yamanaka,” Hidan said.

“Hold on,” she replied and went back inside her house.

Hidan had to only wait a minute before the pretty girl came out with an older woman.
“Here’s my mom,” she responded.

“What are you here for Hidan?” The older woman asked.

“How do you know my name mam?” He questioned.

The woman laughed, “Your Kyoko’s son. She talks a lot about you.”

“Oh, you’re the person I’m supposed to give this present to,” Hidan said two and two adding up.
Mrs. Yamanaka frowned, “Present?”

“Yeah, my mom got you a present for your birthday,” he said. He handed the present to her and she grinned, “Tell your mom I said thanks.”

Hidan nodded, “Will do.”

Hidan was about to leave when Mrs. Yamanaka said, “Why don’t you get acquainted with my daughter. I hear you’re new to the high school.”

“My name’s Ino,” the blonde girl said.

Hidan smiled, “I’ll put it to memory.”

Ino grinned and her mom left them alone to talk.

“So what do you do for fun Hidan?” Ino asked.

“I play in a boy band,” he said smirking.

“Oh? What’s the name of your band?” She questioned.

“The Akatsuki,” he said simply.

Ino cocked her head slightly, “I don’t think I’ve heard of you guys.”

Hidan’s jaw dropped. He thought every girl knew about their band. There were so many girls dying to hear them live, dying to have a number dedicated to them. How could Ino not have heard of them?

Hidan recovered and replied, “Have you heard the song, ‘Good girls love Bad guys?’ ”

Ino still had a blank look on her face, “Could you sing a verse?”

Hidan laughed, “See Itachi’s the singer not me. I just play drums.”

Ino frowned, “Oh I see.”

“I’ll try to sing a verse though. I do know the lyrics.”

Ino’s face lit up then and Hidan started to sing.

“Everyone loves a bad guy.
They may not admit it,
But everyone loves a bad guy.”

He repeated the verse a couple of times. Ino sat there the entire time transfixed but he didn’t think she recognized it.

“I’m not sure I’ve heard that before. I like the verse though,” she said smiling.

Hidan shrugged, “Come over to Sasori’s house and you can listen to us.”

“Who’s Sasori?” Ino questioned.

“He’s one of the guitarists in our band. Trust me he rocks at guitar,” Hidan replied pride entering his body.

“Who’s the other guitarist?” She inquired.

“Deidara,” he replied.

Ino nodded, “That name sounds familiar.”

“He has blonde hair and he’s pretty girly. He’s a cool guy though and like Sasori he’s amazing on guitar,” Hidan concluded.

Ino laughed, “Cool. Give me your number and you can text me when you guys are practicing.”

Hidan felt his heart beat a little faster. He pulled out his cell and exchanged it with Ino’s. Something told him this friendship would blossom into something more. Call it intuition but he knew something would happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is a longer chapter. Enjoy guys!