Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Money makes the world go round, doesn’t it?

Over the next couple of days Kakuzu was feeling weird. He didn’t want to count money anymore or even look at economics books.

Hell, he didn’t even go around plotting a new money scheme. He didn’t know what was wrong with him. All he knew was ever since that girl, TenTen, had showed up he began questioning everything.

He was in his room, when he got a text from Hidan. Hidan and him were pretty close and he felt like he could tell him anything and vice versa.

“Hey man, what’s up?” The text read.

Kakuzu decided to tell his best friend what was going on.

“I’m actually feeling pretty weird,” he texted back.

A minute later his phone buzzed. “How come? Oh don’t tell me your newest money scheme backfired, right?”

“No that’s not it,” he responded.

“Then what?” He got back.

“I think I’m in love,” he hit send.

He received, “……..”

Then his phone began to ring. The ringtone Gold Digger played. He picked it up.

“Hey Hidan, why are you calling?” He questioned.

Hidan laughed, “Well isn’t it obvious? I’m shocked that you’ve fallen for someone. You’re usually so into your money that you can’t even look at a girl like a normal guy does.”

“So, who’s this lucky girl?” Hidan inquired.

“Her name’s TenTen, and she’s making me feel odd in my stomach,” he said.

Hidan chuckled, “Yeah you’ve got it.”

“Got what?” Kakuzu questioned. He didn’t know what Hidan was even talking about.

“The love bug,” Hidan said and burst out laughing.

Kakuzu couldn’t help but laugh with his buddy.

“Where’d you meet her?” Hidan asked.

“The library,” he said simply.

Hidan was silent for a minute, leaving Kakuzu wondering if he had hung up.

Then Kakuzu heard Hidan’s voice. “Is she cute dude?”

Kakuzu laughed, “Very.”

“I flirted with her,” he added.

Hidan whistled, “Is that so?”

“Yeah,” he replied.

Hidan laughed and then said, “Well I’m proud of you man. See maybe the world doesn’t revolve around money?”

Kakuzu chuckled, “You might just be right my friend.”