Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Hope comes in the shape of one girl

Sasori was still hurting from his favorite uncle dying. Deidara coming over and comforting him had made him feel so much better though. He was starting to feel a little bit more normal but the pain still dug into his heart, stabbing him like a knife.

He would cry still at night and mope around when no one was looking. When others were looking he put on a brave face and refused to show any emotion other than false happiness. Everyone seemed to be buying it until Hinata came up to him one day asking if he was okay. His heart immediately sped up. She had noticed? He thought happiness flooding him.

“How do you know something’s wrong?” He asked her.

“I can just tell. Oh and you failed your last math test horribly,” she commented.

“So what? Math isn’t my forte,” he said.

“You told me you studied really hard for it,” she answered.

Sasori sighed, she had figured him out. He had studied for it but when his uncle had died he had no motivation at all to try on the test. “Okay you got me. My favorite uncle died,” he said his voice breaking.

Hinata’s face looked horrified. She immediately wrapped him into a tight hug. “I’m so sorry! That must be horrible!”

Sasori could smell her perfume when she was this close. It was a scent of roses. He liked being held by her but all too soon she pulled away.

“If there’s anything you need, don’t be afraid to ask me. Even if you just need a shoulder to cry on,” she said.

Sasori’s heart went out to her. She was so sweet and so beautiful. How could such a creature exist? How could she sympathize with him so well? He didn’t know and he didn’t care. All he knew was he liked her as more than a friend. He wanted to make that clear to her.

So he opened his mouth and was about to tell her he wanted to go out on a date with her when the bell for class rang. He cursed, so close. Hinata waved goodbye to him and he waved back. She went off in the opposite direction and he went to the left. Maybe he would get to ask her out some other time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry if this chapter is short! I'll put up another one to make up for it. :)