Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Kisame’s Date

Kisame was nervous about his date today with Ami. It wasn’t that he was afraid it wouldn’t go well. He just had the normal jitters that teenage guys have when they go out with pretty girls. He wasn’t sure what to wear.

He looked through his closet but nothing stuck out as cool enough. He wanted to impress Ami, but he had no idea how to do it. Kisame decided to call Itachi up. Punching in his number he let the phone ring until he heard Itachi’s silky smooth voice on the other line.

“What’s up Kisame?” He said.

“I need help Itachi. I have my date with Ami tonight, only I don’t know what to wear!” He said wailing.

“Calm down Kisame. I recall seeing some black skinny jeans and a white t-shirt that looked good on you in your closet the last time I came over,” he said smoothly.

Kisame could have hit himself, he remembered that outfit. He had bought it hoping girls his age would ask him out. It hadn’t worked, but only because Kisame never wore the stylish outfit.

“You’re a genius Itachi,” he replied.

Itachi chuckled, “Thanks. Now go get her killer.”

Kisame hung up with Itachi and focused his energy on making his hair slightly spikier and looking for those clothes. By the time Kisame was satisfied he had fifteen minutes until he had to meet Ami. He decided to leave the house then.

Kisame drove his black Sedan to the movie theater. The streets were surprisingly not too crowded. He made it five minutes early. Slamming his door shut, he got out of his car and made his way to the movie theater entrance.

When he approached the entrance he saw Ami. She was dressed in a light purple dress with dark blue heels and two silver hoops hung from her ears. Kisame’s mouth dropped open. She had dressed up that much for him? He couldn’t believe it. She looked gorgeous.

“Hey beautiful,” Kisame said walking up to her.

She blushed to Kisame’s delight. “Hey Kisame. You look really nice,” she responded.

Kisame laughed, “Thank you. Are you ready to see this movie?”

She nodded vigorously, “Hidden Agenda looked amazing on the trailers.”

“I know, it got my heart racing and I could barely pay attention to anything else for a little bit,” Kisame replied smiling.

Ami laughed, “This is going to be fun.”

Wow. She really was blowing his mind in more ways than one. First off she had dressed up so cute for him and second she was getting excited over an action movie. Kisame knew several girls who wouldn’t be able to do that. They’d only squeal about silly romance movies. Romance movies weren’t Kisame’s thing. He guessed it was because he had never been in love before.

Now the tables had turned though and he couldn’t wait to see what the night had in store for both of them. Once they got their tickets, Kisame asked Ami if she wanted popcorn and something to drink. She nodded and he offered to pay for her. She shook her head, protesting. Kisame ended up telling her that on dates the guy usually paid. She still looked uneasy but gave in. They found seats in the middle of the theater. Not too close but not too far either. Just perfect Kisame thought.

Kisame sat down next to Ami and she shared her popcorn with him. “How has your week been?” Kisame asked Ami.

She laughed, “You mean the two days we were apart?”

The way she said that made Kisame flush a purple color. “Uh yeah,” he said.

“Pretty good but I was really excited about going out with you today,” she replied. She turned to face him and gave him a wink.

She was still flirting with him! This was unthinkable. Kisame never thought a girl like Ami would
ever be caught dead flirting with him. Well maybe as a joke but to actually flirt on purpose with
him seemed surprising. He couldn’t say he didn’t like it but he wasn’t used to it.

He gave her a toothy grin, “I was wishing for those two days to go by faster as well.”

She flushed and he smirked at her. The movie began and twice their hands brushed. Eventually Ami got brave and grabbed his hand.He blushed, liking the feel of her hand in his. Her hand wasn’t that much smaller, in fact, it felt right in his. Ami would pout when something bad happened and smile when something good happened in the movie.

Kisame thought it was the cutest thing ever. The movie itself was very good but it was hard to concentrate completely on it when Ami kept stealing glances at him. He would meet her gaze occasionally and she would hold his for a minute before whipping her head back to the screen.

It was adorable Kisame thought. The movie ended and on the way out of the movie theater Ami leaned into him and gave him a brief kiss on the lips. He must have been dreaming! No this was real he thought swooning. Ami giggled at his stunned look.

“Do you want to do this again handsome?” She asked.

He shook his head quickly to clear it and said, “Yes.”

She laughed and waved goodbye to him.

Once home Kisame called up Itachi. He answered on the fifth ring.

“Kisame, how did your date go?”

Kisame ended up telling Itachi everything and he got redder and redder by the time he came to
the part where Ami had kissed him.

“She kissed you?” He asked astonished.

“Yeah, I was just as shocked,” Kisame replied beaming.

“Way to go Kisame!” Itachi said making Kisame feel proud again.

“See, there are good girls out there,” he stated.

“I guess you were right Itachi, never judge a book by its cover,” Kisame responded.

“In this instance your book happened to be a special edition,” Itachi said causing Kisame to laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's a much longer chapter. :D