Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Guitar Lessons

Itachi was sitting in his room, practicing on his acoustic guitar. While he wasn’t nearly as good as Sasori or Deidara, he could still play better than most people. He began to sing then, his silky voice carrying a pleasant tune. Before long he began to lose himself in the music. As a result, he barely heard his phone begin to buzz. He stopped playing and silenced his singing. Picking up his phone, he checked it and saw he had received a text.

“Who’s this?” He questioned.

“Temari,” he got back immediately.

“Oh hey, how are you?” He sent back.

“I’m good. Could I come over for some guitar lessons?” She asked.

Itachi’s heart began to beat quickly. He was thrilled that she wanted him to teach her.“Of course, you can come over now,” he replied.

“Cool! Um, where do you live?” She inquired.

Itachi texted her directions and once he had sent it began to beam. Temari was going to come over today. She was beautiful and Itachi could already tell she was different than those mindless fan girls of his.

“I’ll be there in ten minutes,” he received.

“Alright, see you then,” he sent back.

Temari arrived at Itachi’s house about ten minutes later. Itachi had been writing down lyrics to a song he just made up. When his doorbell rang, Itachi sprang up and walked over to it. He opened it and Temari appeared.

“Hi Itachi,” she said smiling.

“Are you ready to learn how to play guitar my beauty?” Itachi asked his voice smooth.

Temari flushed slightly causing Itachi to inwardly smile. “Yeah let’s get started,” she replied.

Itachi opened his door wider and Temari came in. He led the way to his room. When they arrived Temari walked over to his acoustic guitar and smiled.

“Your guitar looks nice,” she responded.

“Thanks, do you have your guitar?” He questioned.

She nodded and took her guitar case off her back. She unzipped it and took out her glossy black acoustic guitar. Itachi grabbed his guitar and brought it with him to his bed. He put it down and pulled up a chair for Temari.

“Okay so the first step to playing guitar well is to always tune your guitar,” he said.

“How do I do that?” She questioned.

“You need to tune the right strings. Give me your guitar, I’ll see if it’s still tuned,” he replied.

She handed over her guitar and Itachi began playing it. Temari sat there, watching his fingers move. After two minutes Itachi responded, “It sounds good. You haven’t been playing with it, have you?”

She shook her head.

“Well if you need help tuning your guitar come to me and I’ll fix it,” he said.

“Alright I’ll keep that in mind,” she said.

“Now the trick to playing guitar effectively is to put your fingers in the right places at the right time and to strum it at the right speed,” Itachi replied.

Temari nodded, listening to what he had to say carefully.

“Here, listen to me and try to copy what I do,” he said handing Temari back her guitar.

Itachi took his guitar in his hands and began to play a C minor and a D major. “Now your turn,” he said.

Temari attempted to play what he had played. Only she played the chords incorrectly.

“Um,” Itachi said grimacing.

“What?” Temari questioned, oblivious.

“You completely played them wrong,” he said simply.

Temari frowned, “What did I play?”

“E minor and G,” he replied.

“And what did you play?” She inquired.

“C minor and D major,” Itachi responded.

Temari groaned, “Ugh! That wasn’t even close!” She looked distraught.

“Hey, hey don’t worry so much. Playing guitar is a lot harder than it looks,” he replied.

“I guess,” she said frowning.

“How do Sasori, Deidara and you play so well?” She questioned.

“We practice a lot,” he said laughing.

“Oh,” she replied laughing as well.

“Now let’s try those chords again,” he said.

Itachi spent a good two hours teaching Temari how to play her acoustic guitar. By the end of the session she could play the chrods, C, D minor and F. Itachi was proud of his pupil. She was persistent and appeared to really want to learn how to play. She didn’t appear to want to play because of him being in the band, “The Akatsuki,” or because he was hot.

Instead she appeared to want to play just for the sheer enjoyment. Itachi was glowing the entire time and he felt himself liking Temari even more as the minutes passed. He was going to ask her out but then she said she had just dumped her boyfriend. Itachi didn’t know if she was still hurting but he didn’t want to push his luck by inflicting more pain on her. So he decided to wait a little bit before asking her out. He could wait she was special enough that it would be worth it.