Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Halloween Spirit

Halloween is the one-time of the year when everyone can dress up and forget who they are. They put on masks and costumes, pretending to be someone else. No one cares what you dress up as and that’s the coolest part about Halloween.

Tobi knew Karin loved Halloween, so he had bought them tickets, to the coolest haunted house. It was located ten miles north of his house. He had printed out directions and gone over them a couple of times so he would know where he was going.

The haunted house he had picked was called, “Haunted Memories.” Tobi had made sure to pick the scariest haunted house there was in the area. He figured he had succeeded, because he had read that there were people dressed up as monsters and if you screamed more of them would crowd you. Tobi hoped Karin would enjoy it.

He pulled his phone out of his pocket and punched in her number. The phone rang and rang until he heard Karin’s voice. “Hey Tobi,” she said cheerily.

“Hey Karin, I have some good news for you,” he said smiling.

“Oh what is it?” She inquired.

Tobi walked over to where the haunted house tickets sat and picked them up. “I just bought us tickets to that haunted house, “Haunted Memories.”

Karin was quiet for a minute but then Tobi heard her exuberant voice. “Oh my god, that’s so cool!”

Tobi laughed at Karin’s excitement. He knew she would be thrilled.

“When are we going?” She asked anxiously.

“Tonight at 7:00, sorry if this is last minute,” he replied apologizing.

Karin giggled, “No it’s fine. I’m thrilled that you thought of this though. I’ve wanted to go to that haunted house for at least a month now.”

“I’ll see you then,” he said smiling.

~7:00 pm~

Tobi and Karin were standing in line behind at least five people. The people ahead of them were getting excited.

“Oh man, this haunted house is going to be terrifying, I just know it!”

The girl standing next to her friend nodded, “I have a feeling it will be too!”

Karin smiled at Tobi and his heart melted. She had the prettiest smile. The line began to die down and before Tobi knew it Karin and he were waiting behind a couple. He was getting excited and Karin was practically bouncing up and down.

Fifteen more minutes passed and then the couple in front of them went in. Tobi and Karin heard a shrill cry and Karin laughed, “Must be scary in there.”

The attendant, dressed up as the monster from Frankenstein nodded, “It is. Watch out or you’ll never be able to leave.”

Karin giggled, “Nice act. You’re good at this.”

The attendant looked at her seriously, “What act?”

Karin gulped and Tobi saw her visibly shake a little. Twenty minutes passed before they allowed him and Karin to go in. Once they were allowed in Karin walked beside Tobi, a smile on her face. The room they entered was dark. It was illuminated with strobe lights and on occasion Tobi would catch a glimpse of something. He saw bloody severed heads hanging from chains as they walked forward.

Karin giggled, “Not bad, these almost look real.”

Suddenly one of the heads eye’s opened and it began to talk, “Don’t let your guard down in here or you’ll end up like me.”

Karin backed up into Tobi and reached for his hand. She was shaking very slightly.

“Let’s go on Tobi,” she said and they went forward.

The next room was a bedroom. It was well lit and there was a sign that said, “Don’t fall asleep or Freddy will get you.”

Karin smirked, “I love Nightmare on Elm Street.”

Tobi nodded, “The movies are classics for a reason.”

There was a TV that hung above them and it turned on as they walked to the center of the room.

Freddy popped up and he cackled. “Uh-oh looks like you went to sleep kiddies. You’re in my realm now and trust me you don’t stand a chance against me.”

The lights flickered and then the room turned a blue color. A person in a Freddy costume appeared behind them and Karin jumped shrieking.

“Looks like we’ve got a screamer,” he said chuckling. Freddy had a chain saw in his hands and he turned it on. The smell of the chain saw starting up permeated the room. Karin started to shake and ran off.

“Karin don’t you run off!” Tobi shrieked.

The Freddy imposter laughed, “You’re girlfriend’s easily scared.”

Tobi scowled, “You didn’t have to get into your part that much.”

He ran after Karin but by the time he had reached the door on the other side he noticed Karin was gone. Great, he thought, how am I going to find her? The next room Tobi came to was filled with coffins. The lids were propped open and inside were sleeping vampires.

Tobi looked around for Karin but didn’t see her. He walked quickly through the mine field filled with the vampires. As he neared the exit, he saw two vampires rise out of their coffins. I don’t have time for this, he thought angrily. The vampires surrounded him, hissing but Tobi wasn’t afraid. He was more worried about Karin.

He turned his back on them and was about to leave when one of them said, “You can’t leave. There is no escape.”

Tobi turned to them his body shaking with anger and shot them a dirty look. “Quit the acting, I don’t have time for this crap!” He yelled, vehemence dripping off him.

One of the vampires blinked rapidly and said in a normal voice, “What’s wrong?”

“I got separated from my friend in the Freddy Krueger room,” he said his annoyance reaching an all-time high.

The other vampire frowned, “Oh god. What does she look like?”

“She’s got long red hair and when I say red I mean blood red. Her height is roughly 5’4 and she’s wearing glasses.”

The vampire to his right nodded, “I remember her coming through here in a hurry. I think we scared her even more.”

Tobi sighed, “Do you know where she was headed?”

“She went through that exit,” the vampire to his left said, pointing to a door to the far left.

Tobi nodded, “Thanks.”

He walked off, determined to find Karin.

“Good luck!” Both vampires shouted.

Tobi would need luck to find Karin in a haunted house like this, especially if she kept plowing through the rooms at this pace.
The next room was covered in blood and there were people in hospital gowns.

One person was sobbing in a corner crying out, “Oh god. Oh god. Please help me.”

The others were walking around having nervous break downs. Tobi wasn’t fazed at all though, he walked through the room like a pro and found the next one.

Tobi walked into the next and hopefully last room. It was by far the worst room. There was a woman on a table and she was screaming as she had an abortion.

There was a child standing by the table saying, “Mommy why did you kill me? Didn’t you love me?”

Tobi was honestly scared. That’s when he saw Karin. She was standing next to the child, frozen. He walked up to her and shook her shoulder. “Kare, I’m here,” he said.

Karin turned around and she seemed to register him. Her eyes welled up with tears and she wrapped him in a tight hug.

“I want to go home,” she said sobbing.

“Let’s go then,” he said and they broke apart a minute later.

They walked out and once they were outside Karin turned to him. “I’m sorry I ran off, chainsaws are my biggest fear.”

Tobi nodded, “I understand. That abortion station, with the unborn child talking, scared the hell out of me.”

Karin smiled, “You must love children.”

Tobi shook his head, “It’s more like I can’t stand the thought of killing an unborn baby. Because the baby can’t even protest, it isn’t fully developed.”

Karin nodded, “You’ve got a big heart.”

Tobi laughed, “Let’s take you home.”

Tobi dropped Karin off at her house but not before she gave him a kiss on the cheek. He blushed and said goodbye, the two of them parting.
♠ ♠ ♠
As promised here's the longer chapter! Halloween forever! :D