Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Art Exhibition

The day for Nori’s art exhibition had finally arrived. Zetsu could barely contain his excitement. It wasn’t because he was excited to see Nori’s art per se, but that did thrill him as well. No he was more exhilarated about getting to see and talk to Nori. There was something about the girl that he had instantly liked. He knew it wasn’t about looks, but it sure helped. She was a cutie he thought, blushing. Her shiny black hair and adorable pink eyes invaded his mind constantly.

When he was sleeping, eating, in class, hell even when he was at work. She had made an impression on him. He couldn’t say that he wasn’t grateful for his stroke of luck, but he wondered why she liked him as well. It couldn’t be his looks, could it? He thought.
He made his way to Nori’s art exhibit, kicking up leaves as they surrounded his shoes. They were bright reds, oranges, and yellows. Zetsu smiled, he loved the change of seasons. Fall had to be his favorite one though. It wasn’t too hot but it wasn’t too cold either. It was the perfect kind of weather.

When Zetsu walked into the art exhibit he spotted a huge painting of a man with a skull in his hand. His cheek bones were showing and he looked sickly as if close to death. Zetsu walked up to it and saw in relish that it was done in pastels. Pastels were a hard medium to use, he should know, he had tried them once. The artist, whoever it was, had made the picture come to life underneath the canvas.

“Do you like it, Zetsu?” He heard Nori’s voice trickle near his ear. He jumped and she laughed.

“You’re jumpy,” she said giggling.

Zetsu laughed, “Yeah well you try looking at this eerie piece and have someone sneak up on you.”

Nori smirked, “I did that piece.”

Zetsu’s mouth dropped open. He couldn’t believe it. How had she drawn it out and colored it with pastels? It seemed advanced beyond Nori’s years.

“I’ll take your stunned silence for awe,” she replied smiling.

“It really is spectacular,” he replied.

Nori nodded, “I think it’s my best piece here.” At that moment she grabbed his hand and dragged him to the next wall.

Zetsu saw an acrylic painting of a pack of wolves in a winter scene scape. He was impressed by her talent. When Nori had told him to come to her art exhibit he thought she was going to be just average, but she was anything but that, she was extraordinary. Her talent and passion for art made him like her even more. There was something strange happening in his mind and heart. He was turning to mush around her and everything she said sounded funny to his ears. She had put him under a spell, and he didn’t want it to ever be lifted.
♠ ♠ ♠
Update after a month or so.