Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Hidan’s Late

Hidan had a feeling he was forgetting something but he didn’t know what it was. It was nagging at him while he helped decorate the school gym for the dance. After he had finished decorating the gym he heard his phone begin to ring. It played, “My Immortal” by Evanescence. Hidan frowned and saw that Deidara was calling him. What did he want? He thought.
Picking up his phone on the fourth ring he said, “Hey Deidara what do you need?”

He heard an angry huff from the other line. “Hidan you know we’re supposed to be doing a gig tonight at Naruto’s place. Where are you?” He practically screamed.

Hidan jumped, the nagging little thought suddenly surfaced. He had completely forgotten about Naruto’s Halloween party tonight. “I’m sorry man. I’m on the decorating committee for the school and I guess it slipped my mind.”

“Get over here as soon as possible,” Deidara roared.

Hidan gulped, Deidara was really mad. He never got mad about him being late. What was up? Hidan hung up and turned to Ino. She had a question mark on her face. “I have to go. I promised my band I’d be somewhere and I forgot about it,” he replied.

Ino nodded, “Do what you need to do.”

Hidan gathered his things together and left quickly for Naruto’s Halloween party.

When Hidan arrived at quarter to eight Naruto let him in and said, “Your band’s pissed.”

He gulped, why did he have to be late on a night like this? He walked past people who were standing in front of a stage and saw that Sasori was trying to entertain them. He was failing miserably though Hidan thought.

“Why was nine afraid of seven?” He asked the audience.

He got a loud groan from the audience. “That joke’s so old!” Someone shouted.

“No it’s older than his mom, ooh!” Another person quipped.

The audience burst out into laughter then. Sasori’s cheeks flushed and he cast his head down. Hidan couldn’t let the red head suffer any more than he already was.

He ran onto the stage and whispered to Sasori, “I’m here let’s start.”

Sasori turned and saw Hidan. His body relaxed and he looked hopeful. Then his whole demeanor changed. Sasori shot daggers Hidan’s way and he gulped. “You’re super late Hidan,” he stated.

“I know and I’m sorry. Now come on let’s show these people what true rock is,” he said smiling.

Sasori sighed, “Alright but you owe us dinner.”

“Done,” Hidan replied.

Sasori went back up to the mike and everyone groaned. “The Akatsuki are officially in the house. Get ready to be blown away!”

Everyone screamed with joy and some people even started to jump. Sasori went back stage and Hidan joined him.

“You’re finally here,” Deidara said surprise entering his voice.

“Yeah I’m really sorry guys,” he replied embarrassed.

“It’s fine but you definitely owe us,” Itachi responded.

Hidan groaned, “I know, I know! Sasori already told me I owe you guy’s dinner!”

“Oh you owe us more than dinner,” Itachi said chuckling.
Hidan turned pale.

“We’ll come up with your punishment later. Get to your drums,” he responded.

Hidan jumped and went over to where his drums stood. Thank goodness his band had thought to bring his extra pair. They would have been in trouble if they hadn’t. The curtain slowly opened then and Itachi walked into the center of the stage. “Are you guys ready to rock?” He yelled.

“Hell yeah!” He got back.

Itachi chuckled and then nodded to Deidara. Deidara knew exactly what to do. He began playing his guitar and a minute later Sasori joined in. Hidan started on his drums a little bit later and Itachi began to sing. He sang a song they had rehearsed a dozen times but that they had never done at a gig before. It was their time to shine.

“Your smile was all I could see,
I was blinded by your beauty,
Before I knew it I had fallen for you.

You’re unlike any other girl I’ve ever met,
There’s something about you that makes me melt,
And I can’t explain what happens to me when you laugh.

Your smile was all I could see,
I was blinded by your beauty,
Before I knew it I had fallen for you.

All I see is you,
And all I want is your touch,
You were meant for me.

Your smile was all I could see,
I was blinded by your beauty,
Before I knew it I had fallen for you.

You’re unlike any other girl I’ve ever met,
There’s something about you that makes me melt,
And I can’t explain what happens to me when you laugh."

When the song ended the crowd erupted in cheers. Hidan gaped; he didn’t think that song would be so popular. Yet the audience loved it. Perhaps it was because everyone knows what it’s like to crush on someone. Hidan certainly knew what it was like now. He blushed as he brought Ino’s face to the front of his mind. She was beautiful, kind and funny.

The Akatsuki played more songs and every time the song would end the crowd burst into cheers. Hidan was shocked and astounded. Were they really that good? He shook his head, he hadn’t thought so but perhaps they reminded them of the older rock? All Hidan knew was he was enjoying himself.

When an hour and a half had passed the Akatsuki finally concluded the small concert with their most popular song, Good girls love Bad guys. The song got a standing ovation. After some consulting with each other they decided to do an encore.

That song ended and when Hidan got off the stage a couple of girls surrounded him. He smiled at them and signed t-shirts for them but only one girl had his heart.