Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Smooth Talker

Itachi walked up to Temari a smile plastered on his face. He called out her name and she picked her head up. Her eyes met his and he felt himself getting lost in them. Shaking his head, he focused on the moment at hand. This was his chance to ask her out, it had been a while now since her breakup. He wasn’t going to mess this up.

“Hi Itachi,” she said making his heart melt.

Was it just his imagination or had she said his name with a certain fondness? He couldn’t be sure but it had sounded like that.

“Hi Temari, so how’d you like our band?” He questioned.

“You guys were amazing, as always. Your singing was exceptional,” she said giggling.

Itachi detected more than mere flattery in her voice. Was she flirting with him? It was hard to read her but he could have sworn she was into him.

“Thanks we always try to perform at top quality,” he replied coolly.

She grinned, “I can tell. Your music always has heart and soul in it.”

There was something about that simple comment that sent Itachi’s heart pounding and caused his cheeks to blaze. He hadn’t thought his band played that well. Yes, he thought they were good but the way Temari had just put it, well that sounded like she was in love with their music.
He laughed and responded, “You flatter us too much. Most people just tell us our music sounds good.”

Temari shook her head and said something that made Itachi’s heart stop, “Well I’m not like most people.”

He knew she wasn’t being cocky when she said that, she really meant it and he believed it. She was something else. The way she made his heart skip a beat and the way she seemed so different than any other girl he had ever met truly made him question everything.

Itachi let out a breath, it was now or never. “Temari, would you like to go out with me sometime?”

The look she gave him made him regret nothing. She was looking at him with a smile meant only for him. “Why didn’t you ask me sooner? I’d love to,” she said.

“You told me you had just broken up with your boyfriend, I didn’t want to rush things,” Itachi responded truthfully.

This caused Temari to laugh, “I understand. You’re kind Itachi.”

Itachi smiled and tried to not think too much about how those words had affected him. They had made him feel special and loved. Something he had not felt before. Despite his good looks no one had ever made him feel the way Temari did. She took his breath away with a simple look, a simple statement and a simple smile. Itachi knew he was falling hard for her and he didn’t care. He felt something strong for the sandy blonde haired girl and he wanted to find out if this was more than just a crush.