Status: A work in progress

Akatsuki High

Money Freak

It’s a lie. Money does not make the world go round. Love is what makes the world go round. Money is manipulative, conniving and deceptive. It doesn’t make anything better.
For example you lose a close relative what will help? Money or a friend? I’ll always bet on a friend. Money just isn’t one of things that are important in the grand scheme of things.

Kakuzu was a money freak. He loved money. Loved to count it and hold it and whisper sweet nothings to it. He was really odd but he didn’t care. Kakuzu was a junior this year and he was determined to milk some money from his classmates. He wasn’t sure how to but he always came up with a plan.

When he arrived at school he saw some kids talking about needing the latest Akatsuki album. Huh? Wasn’t Hidan in that band? Maybe he could get Hidan to give him some CDs and he could sell them to the suckers. It was worth a shot. The bell suddenly rang though so he ran off to his first class. It was math. He grinned, he loved the subject.

He was good at it because he was always counting money and counting up the odds of when he could get more money. When he entered the classroom he saw several guys crowded around a girl’s desk. Was she popular? Kakuzu thought. He didn’t know. He had gone to Konaha High with Hidan and today was his first day at this high school. He tried to sneak a peek at the girl. There were too many guys surrounding her though. Kakuzu sighed and sat down.

He then heard a boy yell, “Temari you’re so gorgeous!! Will you go out with me?”

The girl sighed audibly, “No. I told you Yuki I don’t like you that way!”

Kakuzu shrugged, if he couldn’t see the girl whatever, he wasn’t going to lose any sleep over it. The teacher walked in then and told the kids sitting on the girl’s desk to get back in their seats. They scattered and went to their desks. Kakuzu got a look at the popular girl then. She had sandy blonde hair and was wearing a tight pink shirt.

Whatever, she didn’t look that cute. He didn’t know why she was so popular. It was a mystery all right. The teacher started writing the rules of logs down. Kakuzu got excited. He loved logs, even though most people thought they were hard. Kakuzu wrote them down even though he knew them by heart. Kakuzu had a feeling this year was going to be a good one to get lots of money.