Learning

Daylight

The next morning Mikael’s alarm went off at 8 o’clock on the dot, and he stretched to prepare for the new day. He dressed swiftly, opened his bedroom door, and trotted over to the bathroom with his morning necessities in hand. Last night he barely tossed his pajama’s on before collapsing into a peaceful sleep, so he had to rifle around his suitcase for his toothbrush and other such. The smell of Kropser was wafting up from the kitchen, and Mikael smiled at the thought of his host pulling out all the stops on his first morning in Minnesota.
He bounded down the stairs to see Mikko cutting the pan of kropser behind various ingredients for voileipä laid out on the counter. “Hyvää huomenta,” he greeted, grabbing the plate set out for him on the table.
Mikko finished cutting and some of the kropser, “Did you brush your teeth and wash your hands before coming down?”
Mikael looked puzzled. “I always do in the morning, every day and night!” He scowled, swiping some food from in front of his elder.
“Okay then, Pikkuinen.”
Mikael looked up from his half-eaten voileipä, “What did you just… Ei sen ole väliä, what are we going to do today?”
Mikko smiled at his young friend and told him it was his choice, whatever he wanted.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry but I've hit a roadblock hahahaha what is life is this an okay length