Status: Active

You End, I Begin

I'm tired of letting you in, whenever you end, I begin

It was 4.45pm on Friday and I was sat at my desk watching the minutes tick by, wishing time would go faster. I had been waiting for this weekend for a few weeks now and couldn’t wait to get out of work and get on a plane back to Phoenix to see everyone. As time seemed to go slower, I stared blankly at my computer screen, not focusing on anything as my mind wandered to the events that were going to happen over the weekend. It was a big weekend, not so much for me, but for friends of mine. Tomorrow afternoon, I would be watching Joel’s bandmate Alex get married to Devin. They had been together for so many years and everyone could always see how much they loved each other, so it was something everyone was looking forward to.

Since I had known Alex and Devin for a long time as well now, they had invited me initially before me and Joel had gotten back together and I had been hesitant as to whether or not I was going to go because I didn’t want it to be awkward for anyone on their big day, but now Joel and I were together, I knew for sure I was going to be there. And now everything was ready for me to fly back and watch them get married with Joel by my side.

As soon as the clock hit 5, I closed everything down and grab my bag, running out of the office without looking back. I had an hour to get from work to the airport, and trying to get across LA on a Friday night was terrible anyway. I had my bag of clothes for the weekend with me, meaning I could go straight to the airport to save a bit of time.

“Hey Abs,” Joel said, as I called him as I drove to the airport.

“Hey, just wanted to let you know I’m just on my way to catch my flight now,” I told him.

“OK, what time do you land?”

“Just before 8, you still OK to pick me up?”

“Of course, I’ll be there waiting!” he said.

“Good,” I laughed. “Hows Alex doing?”

“Little bit nervous I think but also really excited.”

“I don’t blame him, it’s the biggest day of his life and he’s marrying the person he loves.”

“Yeah it should be a great day too.”

“Oh I think it will,” I smiled to myself. “Right I’m nearly at the airport now so I gotta go and find a parking space. I’l see you in a couple of hours.”

“OK bye Abby, love you.”

“Love you too.”

I ended the call as I pulled into the airport, knowing exactly where I could park that was close to my terminal as this had become a regular occurrence for me now. Within five minutes, I was running into the terminal so I could check in and get to my gate to get my flight. Once on the plane, I pulled out my iPod and relaxed for the next 90 minutes.

After landing, I rushed back through the airport, quickly grabbed my bag and made my way to the arrivals to see Joel stood waiting for me. Standing in his black skinny jeans, a loose tank falling over his body and his blonde hair pushed across his face, I smiled as his eyes met mine. As I walked up to meet him, he wrapped an arm around me and pressed his lips against mine briefly as he smiled.

“Hi,” he said quietly.

‘Hey, I missed you,” I told him.

“I missed you too,” he added. “I’m so glad you could be here this weekend.”

“Wouldn’t have missed it,” I smiled, as he took my bag in one hand and held mine with the other as we walked out of the terminal.

----------

The next morning, I woke up with a smile across my face. Joel was still sleeping, an arm draped across my stomach and his head buried in my hair against my neck. I sighed lightly to myself, knowing I was going to have to wake him so I could go shower and start getting ready for today. It was only 8.30am, but I was so excited to attend a wedding that I wanted to start getting ready as soon as possible. I laid there for ten more minutes hoping he’d roll over or something but he didn’t so in the end I knew I had to try and get out. Carefully sliding his arm off me, I wriggled away from him and tried to free my hair at the same time, however it didn’t take much more for him to wake up, as he lifted his head and blinked at me as I tried to tame my hair.

“Hey, where you going?” he groaned, as I stood next to his bed and pulled on a t-shirt.

“I’m getting in the shower,” I told him.

“But it’s so early,” he whined.

“That’s OK, you can stay there for a bit longer yet.”

“Can’t you stay here with me?” he asked, giving me sad eyes.

“Don’t give me that look, I want make myself pretty for today,” I smiled.

“You’re already pretty, it’s won’t take you that long, please?” he pleaded.

“Fine, let me shower first, then I’ll come back and join you for a bit,” I gave in, and with a roll of my eyes, turned back and headed into the bathroom. After a quick shower, I dried my hair and clipped it up on top of my head so I could decide later what I was going to do with it.

As I walked out of the bathroom, Joel was laying in bed still and looked up at me and grinned widely.

“What you smiling at?” I asked.

“You.”

“Why?”

“Just because,” he stated. “You’re so gorgeous, you know that?”

“I’m not, but thank you,” I said, bowing my head from getting embarrassed.

“Don’t do that, Abby, come on, you are beautiful,” he said.

“I’ve got no make up on, my hair is just shoved on my head and I’m wearing nothing but a towel, how is that beautiful?”

“Because you don’t need any of that stuff, you are perfect as you are, so come here,” he instructed. I walked the couple of steps from the doorway to his bed as I got close he sat up and pulled me on top of him and pressed his lips to mine. My towel fell away and I moved so I was straddling him properly as his hands moved over my body. I smiled into the kisses as he flipped us over after a couple of minutes.

“I. Love. You.,” he said between kisses, as I moved my hands to his hair and he moved his hands to my thighs and I let out a moan.

----------

We were in the car on the way to the ceremony and Joel was driving with his hand on my thigh, turning to smile at me every so often as I watched out the front window.

“Quit it, Kanitz,” I smiled without turning my head.

“What, can’t help it if I like looking at my girl,” he said, stroking his hand up and down a bit.

“But we have a wedding to get to, I don’t think Devin and Alex will like it if the reason we’re late is because we were having sex,” I told him.

“Urgh, they’d get over it, it’s all they’re going to be doing tonight,” he laughed.

“Then we can save it until tonight too,” I told him.

Not long after, we pulled up to the place they were have the wedding. It was outdoors and as we walked up, I could see how beautiful it looked. There was a marquee for the reception and behind that was a little archway where I could see Alex, Sean and a few other groomsmen were stood. A few rows of chairs were laid out for us to sit on and Joel and I were guided to our seats with a few others that were friends with Alex and we went on to chat as we waited for Devin to arrive.

When she did, she looked stunning. Her dress was long and flowing and the train went on behind her. With her hair falling naturally around her shoulders, I smiled and squeezed Joel’s hand as she made her way down the aisle towards Alex, who I turned to look at briefly and saw he had the biggest smile I had ever seen on his face. As they stood and took their vows, everyone in attendance had smiles on their faces. They look so happy together up their, it was impossible not to be happy yourself.

During the reception, everyone was talking, laughing and drinking. It didn’t matter if you knew each other before today or not, everyone was here together to have a good day and celebrate.

As Alex and Devin took to the dancefloor for their first dance, everyone gathered round to watch them. After they danced together on the floor alone for a while, a few other couples joined them. I pulled Joel out with me and wrapped my arms around his neck as his hands went to my waist. The loose curls I’d put in my hair falling down my back, I looked up at him and smiled, seeing him doing the same back down at me.

“One day, this will be us, getting married,” he said. “It will be whatever you want and it will be the start of our forever.”

“No it won’t, our forever already started,” I smiled more, reaching up to kiss his lips.

The rest of the night was spent with congratulations to Alex and Devin, more drinks, more dancing and more laughing with friends until the time came for us to go home. It was an amazing day and I was glad I was able to make it back to Phoenix to see a couple who were meant to be together get married. I loved a good wedding. I loved any wedding.
♠ ♠ ♠
Outfit

One more chapter to go and then it's all over! :)