Status: Just Getting Started

Serendipity

Trois

-Jonathan-


May 2008


I was happy to be home but at the same time I couldn't get my mind to settle down. No matter where I was I would look for her, every time I went to the grocery store I always hoped she would be there but I never saw her. I went with my mom to visit some of her friends but she wasn't there.

"Mom," I sighed, "Do you think she forgot about me?"

"Honey, with the way you are thinking about her I'm sure she is doing the same."

"I doubt it, she wouldn't have done what she did," I pushed myself away from the table, sulking off upstairs.

I needed to get her off my mind or I would go crazy. I didn't have hockey as a distraction right now so I decided to hit the gym. I took the empty bike nearest the wall.

"Blake, hows it hanging?" I heard one of the guys say, catching my attention. Blake. This was definitely not helping get her off my mind. I got off the bike and decided a run was probably a better idea.

Except it was almost just as bad. Every time I saw a blonde girl I hoped it was her. None of them were.

I gave up on that as well and went back home.

"Damnit Sean," I grabbed my drink more aggressively than intended as I explained the story to one of my closest friends.

"Dude, if fate wants you to be together than it will happen," Sean said as my brother, David walked in.

"Don't say that. Fate is a bunch of bullshit and you know that."

"You are only saying that because it isn't working out the way you want it to."

"I met the perfect girl and then I lost her. I let her get away," I ran my hands down my face.

"Did you ever think it had anything to with your NHL career?" I hadn't really thought about that. It did make a little sense though. "Maybe she was just scared."

"Try not to break my glass, okay?" My mom teased, placing the bowl of salad on the table.

"Bro, it's going to be okay," my brother tried to comfort me but it wasn't going to help.

Sean and David had jumped into a conversation about how their hockey seasons had gone as I agreed to help my parents with dinner. I told the plate of steaks from my dad and set them on the table along with the mashed potatoes.

"So Jon, how is Chicago?" My dad asked when everyone had sat down to eat.

"It's great. I really like the organization and the city is nice."

"Have you found an apartment yet?" My mom asked.

"Nope. I've just been staying with Patrick or Kris."

"Well I can come down sometime this season and help you find one?" My mom offered.

"I'm sure I'll find one, I hope all of you will come see me play though," For a second I had forgotten about Blake, but I wanted her to come see me play. See her sitting in the front row cheering me on with a number nineteen on the back.

"Jonny?" Sean waved his hand in front of my face.

"What? Sorry, zoned out."

"I'm sure you did the on the ice a lot," David teased causing everyone to laugh a little.

"I asked, so how many goals did you score?"

"Did you not watch every one of my games?" I stuck my tongue out at him, "I scored twenty four."

"Damn boy look at you, you'll be captain in no time."

"Well the coach did tell me I had good leadership skills," I winked before finishing off my dinner.

I helped clear the table off and offered to do the dishes with my mom. Sean, David and my dad all went into the living room to watch the Blue Jays game. Winnipeg was a difficult place for pro sports.

"So I talked to Claire the other day," She seemed like she was trying to avoid the topic.

"Who?" I looked confused, the name sounded familiar but it wasn't ringing any bells.

"Claire Evans." Evans. She was Blake's mom. I could feel my heart fall a little.

"Oh right, what about her?"

"Well, she will be getting back from school in a couple of days.."

"Where does she go?"

"I don't remember the name but it's a couple of hours away but I just wanted to let you know, they are leaving for vacation like as soon as she gets back."

"Okay?" I didn't understand what this conversation was about.

"So that means, I want you to enjoy your summer home and not keep looking for her."

"Did she mention me at all?" I ignored what she said.

"Claire and I talked about.." she hesitated, "Blake said that she didn't want to see you right now."

I sighed, "Whatever. I'll forget about it okay? I'll just try to enjoy my summer here."

"Thank you sweetie," She kissed my cheek, leaving me to finish the dishes.

She wanted to see me, I know she did but she didn't want to mess with fate and destiny and all that shit. Well if that's how she was going to be then so be it.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, I had a little bit of a struggle writing this so it took a while to get updated. I hope you enjoy it and thank you all for reading, commenting and subscribing! :)