Status: Just Getting Started

Serendipity

Cinq

-Jonathan-


December 31st, 2008


I'd rather be home but instead I let Kaner drag me to a New Years Party with a couple of the guys and a whole bunch of strangers. I grabbed my drink and brought it to the couch that was empty. The season was going good and I was ready for it to start back up.

"Jonny this is Ashley," Kaner introduced me to a blond with a small figure and a rather large chest but that might just be the dress she was wearing. Not really my type but what the heck.

"I'm a huge fan," she stuck her hand out for me to shake. That's what they all say. Patrick winked before walking back over to the girl he was with.

"Thanks," that was all I had.

"Want to come watch the karaoke singers?" She nodded toward the direction of the other room.

I nodded following her into the other room. She was a little taller than average and she didn't look to bad from behind either. It was to loud for us to really talk which was good I guess.

"You should go up there," She nudged me.

"Not enough alcohol," She laughed at my response. "Why don't you go up there?"

"Not much of a singer," She shrugged.

"I'm sure you would do great," I half smiled at her.

"I'd probably find a way to somehow fall off the stage," she chuckled. "And that's without alcohol!"

I laughed she may look like a ditzy blond but she didn't seem like one so far.

"Want to go somewhere else?" She asked and I nodded. I followed her once again, this time onto the balcony.

"So do you like Chicago?"

"I actually love it. It's not Winnipeg but nothing can compare to that."

"Is Winnipeg that great?" She asked, a smile on her face.

"Not really," I chuckled, "It's just home."

Sh nodded, "Chicago is my home."

"Really? So you've lived here your whole life?"

"Yup, born and raised. I liver in a suburb until college but still I still spent so much time here."

"That's pretty cool. So are you a Cubs or White Sox fan?"

"Cubs all the way baby," she grinned.

"So you are a baseball fan, eh?"

"Huge. My dad is a mega fan so we went to game almost every week and it was always on in the house."

"No hockey?" I fake frowned.

"I just recently got into hockey actually. My roommate is a huge fan."

"Do you watch a lot of the games?"

"Kind of, not every single one but most of them. Hockey players are hot."

Of course. "Oh really now?"

She nodded.

"Our asses aren't as great as baseball players though."

"Hard to tell with all that padding on," she winked.

"Good point."

"Don't get me wrong, the game is really interesting too."

"It's my life."

There was an awkward silence, she didn't say anything and I didn't know what else to say. Was
saying that hockey is your life a turn off?

"What time is it?"

I pulled out my phone, "11:45."

"We should probably go inside," she rubbed her arms, trying to warm up, "It's cold and getting close to midnight."

"For someone from Chicago you should be used to this."

She playfully shoved me this time following me inside this time, "You definitely have a nice ass."

I felt my cheeks grow slightly warmer, thankfully because of the cold they were already red.

We met up with Kaner and his girl as everyone was crowded around the TV.

"Am I going to get a kiss at midnight?" She asked Kaner who shrugged as he said maybe. He had his usual smirk on.

Ashley looked over at me and I did my best to avoid it. I just met her and wasn't ready to kiss her already. I had to much going on right now to be in a serious relationship. Not to mention
I wasn't sure if I wanted one.

Ryan Seacrest came on the screen to begin the countdown. Ashley had moved closer to me now, nearly pressed against my arm as it got closer to one. I avoided eye contact with her and tried to move away but it didn't work out to well.

It wasn't like I didn't want to kiss her, but I wasn't sure. I hadn't kissed a girl since my Shattuck-St. Mary days and I just met the girl.

"Happy New Year!" Everyone in the room shouted as a lot of kissing began. Patrick was doing more than just a quick peck. I gave in and kissed Ashley quick, it was tradition right?

After a few minutes Kaner and Jessica still hadn't stopped. I rolled my eyes as I pulled them apart, "Let's go dude, we have practice tomorrow."

"No we don't," he tried to wiggle out of my grasp.

"Yeah we do."

He kissed Jessica one more time as he slipped her number into his pocket.

"Jonathan wait," she yelled after me. She handed me a napkin with her phone number on it. "If you want you can write yours down too."

I took the pen and wrote it down. I knew I probably wouldn't have called her and then I would have felt bad.

"Thanks, I had a great time tonight," she smiled.

"Me too," I handed her the napkin before grabbing Patrick by the back of his shirt pulling him away.

"I'll call you sometime soon," she called after me, I'm sure with a huge grin on her face.

What had I gotten myself into?
♠ ♠ ♠
I love the NHL Awards (: haha but sorry this is kind of short but I hope you like it, I had some fun writing it. Thank you all so much for reading and subscribing and commenting!