Status: Just Getting Started

Serendipity

Six

-Blake-

February 14th, 2009


I finally gave in. After the sixth text from Andrew inviting me to his game I told him I would go. It's not like I had a Valentine or anything.

Sean is going to be so excited.

Sean was a year or two older than I was and he was definitely by far the most attractive one on their college team. I guess in a way we kind of had something going but not really. We talked almost every day but neither of us had made a move.

"Hey Kylie, want to go to a hockey game with me?" I called up my best friend of almost ten years.

"You don't have to ask me twice! Is it Andrew's game?"

"Yep he invited me like six times today, I couldn't say no."

"How could you say no to that hunk anyway?"

I rolled my eyes, "He's all yours. But see you in an hour?"

"Roger that," She hung up and I made my way over to my closet. This was probably the first time in a while that I felt conscious about how I looked going to a college hockey game.

"Well don't you look hot," Kylie said, leaning against my door frame.

"Whatever you say," I rolled my eyes, linking arms with her as we made our way out to her car.

We got to the game a little before it started, the guys were on ice practicing and there weren't that many people here yet. Andrew waved at me from his spot next to Sean causing Sean to look over. His face lit up when our eyes met. The butterflies began to flutter in my stomach.

Andrew turned back to say something to Sean, but his eyes were still locked with mine before I followed Kylie to her spot in front of the glass. Sean skated over, throwing himself against the glass in front of me causing me to blush. He turned back at me to shoot me a wide smile before taking his shot.

"He wants you," Kylie nudged me.

Warm-ups were winding down and Sean looked a little frantic as Andrew nodded at him. He then proceeded to go into the locker room. Kylie grabbed my arm, pulling us to our seats.

"Blake!" I heard someone call my name. I turned around to see it was Sean. When he saw me smiling at him he said, "Will you be my Valentine?"

I nodded, my heart soaring. He did that little self celebration fist pound thing and went into the locker room smiling.

~

"Congratulations on your amazing game!" I wrapped my arms around him as he pulled me into a hug.

"It's all because of you," he stuck his tongue out at me as we walked to his car, arms around each other.

This was the first year in a long time that I had a date for Valentines day and I was so excited.

"Where would you like to go?" he rubbed his hands together as he climbed into the driver side. The snow was falling a little more heavily now.

"Where ever you want to go," I smiled back at him.

"You are no help at all," he cleared his windshield as the snow began to cover it again.

"I'm not good at making decisions," I shrugged, "but whatever you want to do I'm sure will be fun."

"Well I have an idea," he threw the car in reverse and that was all he said.

After about fifteen minutes we pulled up to an outdoor skating rink. "You know how to skate right?"

"Yes," I chuckled, taking his hand.

He finished tying his skates faster than I could which only caused him to lean down and take the laces from me, "I could have done it."

"Yeah but you're slow," he teased. He took my hands again as we stepped onto the ice.

"I'm a little rusty."

"It's okay, I've got you," he smiled turning around backwards. Thank goodness for the cold or he would have noticed my cheeks turn bright red, the butterflies hadn't stopped since before the game started.

"So what do you plan on doing after you finish college?"

"It's not graduation yet, but hopefully still be playing hockey."

"Like for the junior team or pro?"

He scoffed, "Pro, I wish. But I have scouts looking at me but I doubt anyone will pick me up," he shrugged. I took that as a sign to change the subject.

"So why did you finally decide to ask me out?"

He smiled, "Not going to lie, Andrew talked me into it. I'd had been telling him about you and he encouraged me."

"How so?"

"Just telling me that you feel the same," he smirked.

I rolled my eyes as I lost my balance for a second, Sean holding onto to me. He pretended to let go of me, causing me to grab onto his coat for dear life. He busted out laughing.

"That was so mean!" I playfully hit him with my gloved hand as he grabbed it.

"I'm sorry," he pulled me into him. He was so warm and it felt nice to be held. I looked up at him as he looked down at me. It was like the scene out of a cheesy romance movie where the two love interests are about to kiss.

Except we didn't. "Let's get out of here," he took my hand leading me off of the ice.

"No Tim Horton's," I said as I zipped my boots back up.

He chuckled, "That's not what I had in mind."

He took my hand again for the millionth time tonight, opening the car door for me and even shutting it. And this is why I chose Sean over Andrew.

"I was thinking more along the lines of dinner."

After a short car ride we ended up at a small, not well known restaurant, I don't even think I've ever been here.

"My uncle owns this place," he said opening the door for me. For Valentines day it was pretty quiet, well compared to every other restaurant in town.

I slid into the booth, sitting across from him. While we waited for our drinks, Sean had started playing footsie with me under the table. At that moment I knew I was falling hard for him and I wasn't sure if I was ready.

"I don't want to leave because then I would lose you," He said once the waitress left.

"What brought that up?"

"Well I remember my friend telling me about meeting this girl and he really liked her but he got drafted into the NHL and having to leave."

For the first time in almost a week Jonathan popped into my head. I could feel my stomach drop a little.

"What team did he get drafted too?"

"Chicago and the girl was here in Winnipeg, she was the one who ended it."

That was when I knew he was talking about Jonathan and I. A million thoughts began to run through my head, especially about Sean. He was friends with Jonathan, obviously pretty close and I had fallen for Jonathan and now Sean. What if they hung out again and he talked about me? Does Jonathan even remember me? Does he have a girlfriend now?

"Hey Blake," Sean waved his hand in front of my face.

"Sorry, spaced out."

"You looked kind of upset."

"It's nothing," I said as the waitress came back with our food.

My heart dropped again as I realized I might have to break things of sooner than I had hoped. I need to find that damn five dollar bill already.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took so long for an update! I was out of town and didn't have time to write, I hope you are still interested :P but thank you all for reading and all the other amazing things you do! :)

Happy Canada Day! :D