Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

The darkest days

"MOM!" I screamed.

"Shut up and get into the hiding spot. We have practiced this so many times baby." She said, the blood red tears falling from her eyes.

"But mom" I tried.

"no. get in. Whatever happens baby just remember that I love you." She said stroking my hair. She started to shut the wardrobe doors when my father bust in.

"Lilly. Remember to be as quiet as you can. I love you baby" He said kissing my forehead and shutting the doors. They walked over to the table casually and sat down. I could see through the small crack in the door. The people in black busted in. My mom started to cry harder.

"Where is she?" A man demanded.

"What are you talking about?" My father asked him. He was always a good actor.

"The girl." He replied.

"The only girl here is my beautiful wife" He countered.

"And why is she so upset?" The man asked

"We got into an argument right before you burst in." He replied not taking his eyes off the paper.

"We know she is here, give up and just get this over with." He said exasperated.

"I have no ide-"

"GIVE ME THE GIRL OR DIE" The guy scrame at my father.

"Die" He responded looking straight into his eyes. In one quick motion my father stopped moving. I tried to stifle a sob. My mom rushed over to my father's limp body that was now lying on the floor.

"No!" She screamed.

"Tell me where she is and I will spare you" He said stroking my mothers hair.

"Never." She replied, her fangs extended and eyes ice blue.

"fine" He said taking the shot. She growled then whimpered falling next to my father.

"find the girl" He said shaking his head at my now dead parents. I was trying not to whimper, trying not to make any sound.

"Clear's" rang through the house. I saw him approach the wardrobe. Shit. He flung it open and smiled.

"found her" He said. He bent down eye level to me.

"You don't have to be scared. I won't hurt you" He said, he was obviously checking me out. It pissed me off! He just murdered my parents ON MY BIRTHDAY then decides to check me out?!? My fangs extracted and my eyes turned icy, I started to growl.

"get away from me" I said through clenched teeth.

"you see sweetheart that's not an option" He said going to grab my hand. I snapped at him and he restricted his hand quickly. "We can do this the easy way... or the hard way" He said sighing. "you are in a worse position for the hard way, but I like a fight" He said cocking his head to the side.

"Bring it" I said, I couldn't help but smile, I felt feisty today. I mean, it's not every day a girl turns eighteen and witnesses the murder of her family only to be checked out by the murderer himself.

"ok, don't be mad when we get to school" He said grabbing my arms, I kicked him in the chest sending him backwards.

"I think you will be the mad one" I smiled. I walked over and grabbed him by the shirt. A sharp pain went through my spine. He was smiling this time.

"I hate to have to say this.... but I told you so" He said grabbing me as I fell. And not properly I may add. The asshole felt me up!

~At the school~

I heard some kind of mumbling going on. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't it felt like there were fifty pound weights on them. Then I remembered what had happened. My parents, my life... the guy. Where am I? Now I didn't want to open my eyes. I felt a warm hand grab my wrist and my eyes shot open. A woman of about seventy stood above me, she was taking my pulse. My fangs came out and I growled at her. She returned a smile my way.

"Oh, you are awake. That's good." She said cheerily. I couldn't stay mad at her. I smiled, my fangs contracting.

"Where am I" I asked her. She looked nice.

"The school" She said releasing my arm and scribbling on a clip board. She set the board down and started to undo the hospital stuff on me.

"What is that? I heard the guy say it to me but what is a School?" I asked confused by that word. I've never heard it.

"A school.... a place of learning?" She said, her old crinkly eyebrows coming together to form two small indents in the middle.

"I'm not sure I understand" I replied, a place of learning?

"The headmaster will explain it all to you when I take you to her" She said nodding her head.

"ok" I said getting off the bed and into the clothes she handed to me. After getting dressed she grabbed my hand, unlike the guy her touch was friendly. She led me down a large hall filled with doors and posters. This place is large and odd. We stopped by a door that had a plaque next to it stating it was the "headmasters" room. Whoever that is. She knocked three times and waited.

"Enter" A voice said from the other side. We did and I was surprised to find a beautiful woman on the other side of the desk. She was petite, had dark black hair and striking blue eyes. Her smile was warm but not inviting. The old lady pointed me towards a chair.

"Lilly Thorn, I have been looking everywhere for you. I'm so happy I found you." She said.

"You are the reason my parents are dead?" I asked, my rage building.

"your parents?" She asked almost amused. "those weren't your parents." She said getting a disgusted look on her face.

"what do you mean they weren't my parents?" I asked confused.

"they were traitors, your parents..... they will be here shortly" She said, a hint of nervousness in her voice. "but until then, I want to get you familiar with your new home and school" She said brightening up again.

"Um.. that word, School.. what is it?" I asked her. Her face contorted from confusion to pity.

"Oh dear, you have no clue" She said shaking her head. "A school is where kids of the same age gather to learn how to live" She said simply.

"Why can't they learn in the world?" I asked her confused of this concept.

"because, It's just how it is, ok?" She stated getting frustrated

"ok" I said not in the mood to push further.

"I have picked someone out to show you around the school and maybe be your first friend" She said hitting a button and talking into a speaker. "Send in Cole in" She said. There was a knock at the door and a familiar smell. Cole walked in with a sly smile on his face. I jumped out of the chair letting my primal instincts take over. My fangs came out to play I got in a crouch ready to attack. I heard a growl behind me but kept my eyes glued on Cole. He just kept smiling.

"Oh come on sweet heart, I told you not to be mad when we get to school" He said. It only made me madder. I growled again once he took a step closer to me.

"Lilly, calm down." The old lady said, she grabbed my hand and all of my anger dissipated. I sat down on the floor and looked at her.

"He.. he killed my parents and felt me up" I said tears starting to fall.

"is this true? you felt her up?" The head master said. I could hear her speaking around her fangs.

"she was falling, I didn't mean to" He said innocently. But I knew better than that.

"oh, understandable." She said her fangs gone. I kept my eyes glued to Cole while he took my seat, I felt the old lady pull me in between her legs on the floor, my back against the chair. She started to play with me Blood red hair.

"So, I guess you two being friends is out of the question." The headmaster said sitting down and raising her eyebrow.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is the first time I made a story like this. Don't forget to give me some feedback :)