Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

"Morning beautiful" I heard as my eyes started to open, at first I was shocked but then I remembered that Nick stayed with me last night. I opened my eyes and smiled as Nick bent over and kissed me. He pulled away and I smelt coffee. Oh i'm marrying this guy! He made me coffee! I sat up and bounced over to my kitchen. He poured me a cup and then one for himself. It was then that I caught the sight of food on the counter. Could he get any better? I sat down next to him and we started devouring the food.

"What time did you get up to do this?" I asked in between bites

"about twenty minutes ago" He smiled taking a bite of his bacon.

"I have to say, bacon, eggs, toast and coffee.. best morning ever." I said still devouring.

"Good, i'm happy you like it" He replied finishing his food and standing up to take his dish to the sink. I soon followed and saw he was washing the dishes. I walked my plate over and dipped my finger in the suds bringing it up and putting them on his nose. He looked at me with mock anger.

"what?" I asked innocently.

"Don't you dare ask me what like you don't know what you have done." He says grabbing some suds and returning the favor. I scoffed and then smiled. He wants to play this game, oh we'll play this game. I grabbed a handful of the soapy suds and put them on top of his head. A dangerous smile spreading across his face.

"uh-oh" I whispered as he put both his large hands into the suds and dropped them on my head. I started to run and he quickly caught me. I squirmed and the suds seemed to spread over both of us until we were both sudsy and damp, it made my skin hard to grasp so I wiggled out of his grip, he pounced on top of me holding himself up by his arms I couldn't stop giggling. I started to struggle away again right when Alex and Cole busted through the door, Alex just started smiling as we both looked up shocked. Guilt written all over my face. I could tell Cole was pissed.

"Get off of her! and you. go get ready for school. What the hell do you guys think you are doing?" He said obviously annoyed. Why did they bust in? Alex came over and helped me up, his slip failing and I fell to the ground again, which I guess was funny to everyone including Cole. I just smiled and got myself up heading to the bathroom. I came out to only Alex and Cole.

"Where's Nick?" I asked confused

"He went to his room to get changed" Alex answered gnawing on some left overs in my fridge.

"oh, ok" I said finishing up my hair and makeup at the counter.

"i'm going to go, see you in class" Cole grumped away.

"ok, bye" I said applying my mascara.

"So......" Alex said expectantly.

"so what?" I asked putting my makeup away.

"you and Nick?" He said acting like a teen age girl getting information, he pretended to twirl his hair on his finger and leaned over the counter.

"so not going into this with you right now." I chuckled grabbing my things and waiting for him to grab his.

"ugh, fine... but I will find out, sooner or later" He smiled grabbing his bag and then my hand, dragging me down the halls. He stopped in front of my fist period class and kissed me on the cheek releasing my hand and letting me go into my class.

"Hello" The teacher said coming over to me.

"Hi, I was here a few days ago, I'm in your class" I said, waiting for directions.

"oh, yes. you can sit over there by Cole" He smiled. I tried not to roll my eyes while walking over there.

"Hey Lilly" Cole said

"hi, so.... about this morning" I started trying to apologize for what he had seen.

"don't." He said shaking his head and grabbing out his homework

"ok" I said grabbing out my homework and setting it on my desk.

"Please pass in your homework" The teacher said waiting for them all to get passed up. When they were all passed up he started lecturing on stuff I already knew so I just zoned out.

"Lilly" I faintly heard snapping out of my daze. Cole just laughed as the annoyed teacher waited for an answer I didn't hear.

"I'm so sorry, what was that?" I asked The teacher just rolled his eyes,

"I asked you what the first amendment was." He said obviously asking a different question he doesn't think I can answer.

" Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances." I smiled. He just stared at me in shock.

"second" He challenged. I just smiled.

"A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed." I said smugly

"fine. the third." He said, sure I wouldn't know it.

"No soldier shall, in time of peace be quartered in any house, without the consent of the owner, nor in time of war, but in a manner to be prescribed by law.
Fourth: The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Fifth: No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
Sixth: In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.
Seventh: In suits at common law, where the value in controversy shall exceed twenty dollars, the right of trial by jury shall be preserved, and no fact tried by a jury, shall be otherwise reexamined in any court of the United States, than according to the rules of the common law.
Eighth: Excessive bail shall not be required, nor excessive fines imposed, nor cruel and unusual punishments inflicted.
Ninth: The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people.
Tenth: The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people.
I know the whole constitution, would you like me to recite that for you to?" I asked still smug. He just gawked then walked back to the board. The whole class was still staring at me. I looked over to see Cole openly gawking at me.

"what?" I asked him smiling.

"how did you-" He asked.

"I told you. I was home schooled." I said simply zoning out again. The bell rang and everyone got up.

"Ms. Thorn, please stay after class please" The teacher said motioning for me to sit down.

"Yes sir" I said sitting.

"how do you know something I haven't even began to teach?" he asked me.

"I was home schooled my whole life." I answered shrugging.

"who taught you?" He asked still shocked

"my parents" I answered confused.

"I understand that, but I don't see how you can know all of this, you probably know more than I do" He said obviously getting upset.

"I just soak up information, I thought it was just part of being a vampire" I said now confused

"you guys have a large intelligence rate but, not like you, I haven't seen intelligence like this since I met the king and queen." He said shaking his head. I kind of tensed but I don't think he noticed.

"I.... I might know why, but I can't tell you" I replied, maybe it was being a royal that makes me different.

"why can't you tell me?" He asked ow suspicious.

"Because... I can't." I told him getting upset that he is pushing.

"ok.. well I think I had made you late to class, so I will give you a note and you should be ok." He said scribbling out a note and handing it to me, obviously dismissing me.

"ok, see you tomorrow" I said cheerily, heading to my next class. Though, I never made it. I was walking down the hall and was roughly pulled into a closet before I could react lips were on mine. I pulled back and saw a smiling Nick. "Well, hello to you to" I smiled pecking him on the lips.

"I thought you would rather hang out with me than go sit in another class with Cole" he smiled. I couldn't deny it but it made me worried that he might be jealous. I can't be with someone who's jealous.

"I would most definitely want to be with you more than with him." I chuckled.

"but I can't keep you too long." He said holding up his pass, I smiled and held mine up too.

"perfect." He said kissing me with passion. We stayed there for about five minutes, just kissing. Then the door busted open and two people connected by the face tried to push in, until they realized two other people were already there. The girl turned and I immediately knew who the culprits were.

"Cole." I said. He turned quickly getting a guilty look on his face.

"Oh it's this bitch again" The girl said. I recognized her as the girl I told off in the hall yesterday.

"What did I tell you about calling me a bitch" I said getting angry.

"Ashley" Cole said grabbing her arm.

"No, who the hell are you and why are you still showing up?" Ashley said getting angry.

"I am no one of your concern and I live here dumb ass" I said trying to communicate to Cole that he better get her away from me.

"I don't like you, and frankly you can dissapear" She said. I am about to kill her, I feel the heat rising in my body.

"I don't give a shit who you like. And if I dissapear, you are going with me, but i'll be going because they know I killed your slut ass." I said getting in her face.

"Your gonna regret saying that." She said lunging at me. She's a vampire... good. I felt Nick grab me and hold me back, Cole doing the same to her, Nick was sliding against me while Cole was easily dragging Ashley away.

"You better hope you don't see me again bitch, next time I won't hold back" I yelled after her. The headmaster showing up almost instantly.

"Ms. Thorn!" She scolded.

"Headmaster, Ashley was poking at her." Nick defended.

"To my office. Now!" She demanded. Nick let go of me and grabbed my hand taking me to the office. I still haven't made it through a whole day of school. Fuck my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Really long :) I thought it was a pretty good chapter, what do you think? Comment or I may forget about this story ;P