Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Masquerade

There was a knock on the door waking both me and Cole. Another knock sounded and I got up, I walked to the door and saw a lady standing with a large flat white box, a guy with a rolling suitcase and a lady with a clip board. I just stared at them.

"Hi, my name is Lindsey, this is Chris and that is Sarah. We are here to get you ready for the ball" She said cheery.

"oh, hi... uh, come in" I said stepping aside. Cole was beside me in seconds.

"Cole I assume.... There is someone waiting in your room to get you ready too. You better be off" Lindsey smiled. Cole nodded, kissed me and left. I turned to the team and smiled, they ushered me around. It took nearly two hours of being poked and prodded they declared that I was finished. The Dress Was beautiful, it was a ball gown with a jeweled bodice, it was a dark red and on the back there was jewels on the back of the dress. My hair was brought back and clipped in the back, ringlets adorned the back. My makeup was a beautiful smokey eye and red lip. Last was my mask, it was black metal with a point coming down my nose and another point coming in between my eyebrows. It came to points off the sides and under the eyes. It was beautiful, Chris fastened it and turned me so that I was in front of the mirror. I gasped and turned to them, they all looked at me in awe.

"You guys are amazing. truly." I gaped.

"No Princess, you are just so beautiful." Sarah replied.

"You are so nice" I smiled.

"You will be late if you do not go Princess." Lindsey told me, ushering me down the hall towards Cole's room. He was standing there, staring at me with large eyes. awe struck.

"Lilly." Cole breathed.

"Hi" I smiled, I could feel the blush on my cheeks

"You look..." He tried to explain but came up short.

"I know" I smiled, grabbing his hand I headed towards the car that is waiting for us. We reached the mansion... I can't breathe, I am so nervous. I can still feel Cole's hand in mine, he gave me a squeeze and helped me out of the car. I just looked up and marveled at the house. It was amazing.

"Let's go in, I bet they are all waiting" He said tugging on my hand.

"I'm scared" I admitted.

"Don't be, i'll be next to you" He promised.

"Ok, ok i'll be fine, i'm good." I pep talked, he just chuckled. We walked up the steps and made it to the front doors. A large man was standing there with a clip board.

"Name and invitation" He asked.

"Lilith Thorn and guest, I didn't know I needed one" I told him. His whole demeanor changed, he became straight as a board and opened the door.

"Come in Princess." He smiled.

"Thank you" I smiled tugging on Cole's hand. We went into the building and was greeted immediately by my mom.

"You look..... so amazing" She mused grabbing my other hand and leading me towards a door, she turned to Cole.

"You can wait at the chair next to the stairs, when she comes down the stairs you can escort her to the dance floor." She instructed, he bowed and left. "We need to get you into you tiara." She said grabbing the door knob and ushering me into a crown room. There were so many. She went to a beautiful tiara with red jewels. She placed it in my hair, clasping her hands in front of her face.

"wow" I said, taking myself in.

"Beautiful" She gushed. I could hear things start, she left the room and told me to stay. What felt like forever finally ended when she entered, she put her hand out and I placed mine in it. She took me to the top of the stairs, an announcer hushed the crowd.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am pleased to introduce, Princess of the vampires, Lilith Thorn and her mother the Queen." She gently guided me to the stairs, I felt everyone's eyes on me. Gasps went throughout the crowd. Everyone went to their knees as we descended the stairs. We reached the end and Cole took my hand, my mom gave my hand a squeeze and let go taking my father's hand. We all turned to face the crowd. My mother looked at me and nodded.

"You may rise" I told them, they all rose and faced me.

"We pledge to you Princess" They all said in unison.

"And I pledge to you" I replied. I don't know why but it just felt like what I needed to say.

"You may resume your actions." My mother said smiling at me. The dancing resumed and I went around meeting and talking to people. My parents came up short when we reached a handsome boy, he had an almost matching mask but it was more masculine. Cole's Mask was just a simple solid black eye mask. I was confused on why Cole's mask didn't match mine. He held out his hand to my mother, she set her in it and he kissed the back, he then turned to me and put his hand out, I set mine in it and he kissed it, but he kept his lips on mine for a while longer, making eye contact and smiling. He let go of my hand and turned to my parents.

"My Highness" He said bowing.

"Corbin" My father replied, he stood back up and waited. My mother turned to me.

"This is Corbin, Corbin this is Lilith, or Lilly whichever you prefer." She said turning her attention to me.

"Hello Corbin" I smiled. "This is Cole, my boyfriend" I introduced. He looked confused and raised his eyebrows at my parents.

"Is it now." He replied with an odd smile.

"We haven't gotten to talk to her about that yet Corbin" My mother replied.

"Talked about what mother?" I asked confused, she sighed.

"Corbin is your fiance." My father told me. I grew enraged.

"My what! You have got to be kidding me!" I yelled. It brought everyone to a halt.

"Lilly, let's not do this here." My father said, glaring at me.

"Ok, let's go then, because last time I knew I had free will oh and I don't know a boyfriend not a fiance." I said, starting to get mad and hysterical.

"You are not very becoming right now." My mother chastised. Cole grabbed my hand and tugged me towards the exit. My parents following. We made it outside and I felt a hand on my arm instantly whipping me around.

"What was that!" My father yelled.

"I'm done! I'm just so done! Why me? Why am I the one that has to be punished for living?!? Why don't I get a saying in my life!" I yelled.

"Because you are a royal! You were given away at birth. Corbin has been your fiance since the day you were born." My mother answered.

"How? Do I not get any choice?" I asked, calming down, but still upset.

"To tell you the truth, you don't, we will get married and you will be queen." Corbin answered. I just rolled my eyes and walked away. I can't handle this. I felt Cole beside me, he was completely tensed and I could tell he was pissed.
♠ ♠ ♠
SO SORRY THAT I WAS SO LATE WRITING THIS! My friend was murdered and I have been pretty depressed. I haven't even read my subscribed stuff.... I better get on it, but I did give you guys a pretty long update. It took me all day. I am soooo sorry guys! don't forget to comment guys!