Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Deal

I don't know how long I walked but Cole stopped me about an hour ago telling me he's going back to school. He kissed me and walked away. I know that the dress was expensive but that came off a while ago, i'm in a silk slip, no shoes and i'm pissed. I kept walking, I don't know if i'll ever stop. I can't believe that they didn't tell me everything. I am kept in the dark. What else am I supposed to do? Go back and be miserable or keep walking? Why am I going to be a princess? Why did I have to be kidnapped? Why did I have to be found? Why did my parents get murdered just for me to be thrust into a new family of heartless jerks? I'm so done! I don't want to be a princess or queen or anything! I just want to be a hermit vampire, happy with my parents, drinking off of cows and stuff... Is that to much to ask? Apparently, so i'll just keep walking. The highway reaches into darkness but every once in a while I see headlights, every one that goes by I hope isn't anyone that will stop me. I don't want to talk, I don't want to breathe, I just don't. I feel like i'm being watched though. I don't care though, i'm trained enough to fight.. maybe that's what I need is a fight. The signs pointed towards the beach, that seems like a great place, I think i'll just go there... about ten minutes later I felt the sand in between my toes and I was in heaven. I sat in the sand, letting my feet get splashed by the water. If I could live like this forever I would. I felt a slight disturbance in the sand next to me, I looked over to see Corbin staring at the sea.

"Leave me alone, I just want to be alone please" I begged. He is the last person I want to be around.

"I'm not leaving, we need to talk." He answered. I sighed and decided that we might as well.

"Fine." I sighed still staring at the ocean.

"I don't want to marry you either, but we are arranged, there's not much I can do... but we can make a deal" He said.

"What kind of deal?" I asked, turning my head to face him.

"We get married, but we date other people. I love someone else and it is killing me to be away from her, you be with Cole and i'll be with Annabelle." He proposed.

"Will it work?" I asked.

"It should, we will still be King and Queen but we will just be with other people.... the only problem is kids." He said, his eyebrows creasing.

"How will that work? I doubt our significant others will appreciate us sleeping together." I said.

"We don't. Have you heard of artificial insemination?" He asked

"What is that?" I asked.

"It's where they take my sperm and put it in you, no sex involved." He smiled.

"It should work. This can work out." I nodded.

"But, that means we have to be civil, we have to work together." He reasoned

"ok, but I don't want to go back yet." I told him, his face softened.

"We don't have to. wanna go swimming?" He asked, a devious smile crossing his face.

"I don't have a swimming suit..." I said shaking my head.

"Neither do I." He smiled picking me up and running towards the ocean, he dumped me in and I came up from the freezing water. He just kept laughing.

"I will get you back for this!" I said, laughing.

"You just try!" He said swimming away. I swam after him but he was too fast for me. I turned back and went towards the shore. I reached it and flopped down, in a matter of minutes he was sitting there next to me. We were still laughing. I got up and headed towards the road.

"Where are you going?" He asked catching up to me.

"Back. I'm ready." I smiled, he nodded, walking next to me. "Were you following me the whole time?" I asked him.

"Yea... I was worried. I'm not heartless, I just didn't want to feel." He told me. My heart panged, he isn't heartless.

"I understand." I smiled at him. We walked for what seemed forever, I can't believe I walked this far alone.... well... partially alone. But it was a comfortable silence. I saw the mansion in sight, I felt myself tense up, apparently so did he. He grabbed my hand and nodded comfort my way, slightly tugging at my arm guiding me forward. We got into the door and there stood my mom and dad... if that's what I want to call them right now. I kind of felt guilty though, she looked distraught.

"Oh my dear lord, are you ok? Where have you been!" She rushed. "Where is your dress? and why are you wet!" She freaked.

"Long story, one we need to discuss now, let us go get decent and we will meet you in the study" Corbin said, tugging on my hand. We headed up the stairs to a bedroom, obviously meant to be ours. He directed me to a closet and then went to his own. I picked out a nice outfit and went into the bathroom to change. He went inside of his closet. We came out about the same time and headed towards the study. I had no clue where it was but he sure did. We stopped in front of the door and he turned to me.

"Are you ready?" He asked.

"Ready as i'll ever be" I answered.

"Ok, here goes nothing" He breathed opening the door. I took a deep breath and followed. I just hope this doesn't blow up in our faces.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.... like him any more? hate him more? think something will develop?? Comment :)