Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Worst timing... ever.

Summer Vacation? I guess that's when everyone goes home for three months. Ok, so this is normal. I started to pack when there was a knock on my door. I opened the door and was bombarded by a whole bunch of people and my mother.

"Ok, take everything but the stuff we already have in her room at home." She directed. She didn't even say hi, just came in and gave orders.

"Hello mother" I said annoyed.

"Oh, hi baby, are you excited to come home?" She asked becoming the caring parent.

"I don't know yet, i've only been to your house once-"

"Our house, it's yours too" She responded, chiding the movers for being slow.

"Right.. I have nothing to be excited about yet" I told her. She looked annoyed that I didn't play into her mother act, but I didn't care. "I have some people to say bye to... so" I said grabbing my purse and heading out. I turned around and went face first into someone's chest. Stumbling backwards I muttered my apologies.

"The princess needs not apologies to me, it was me who stepped in her path" A deep voice said. I looked up to see a man the size of a freaking house. He looked familiar but I couldn't place him. He had deep blue eyes and midnight black hair, I knew he was a vampire because of his sent but his paleness definitely helped convey his origins.

"oh, but a princess without manners is just a tyrant. I was not watching when I stepped out of my room, which makes it my bad." I smiled. He looked impressed.

"Such a wise girl for a young age." He said, eyeing me. The door to Nick's room opened and a lady walked out, behind her was Nick. He looked startled to see me.

"Lilly" He half whispered.

"Nick" I nodded politely but curtly. That's why he looked familiar, he was Nick's father. They would look alike. The woman stepped forth and curtsied.

"Princess" She welcomed. I nodded.

"Hello. I'm terribly sorry to be rude, but I have to be going. Have a nice summer." I said hurrying down the hall.

~Nick's POV~

She had the worst timing. I had almost been gone without my father seeing her, only a few more minutes and I would have gotten them out. I took a step back and grabbed my bags. Sighing to myself. We stepped out of the doors.

"What an odd girl. Very humble for royalty." My father said, waiting for us to confirm his words. That's the thing with my father, he needs everyone to agree with him and make him feel important. My mother gives in all of the time, but I tend to stay quiet when he is fishing for a pat on the back.

"Yes, she is" My mother confirmed. Almost like a dog wanting a bone. We got into the car and my father instructed the driver to take us home.

"We would be closer to the throne if you would have been a little smarter. What were you thinking taking her to that.. that.... sex club? The throne Nick, THE THRONE. We are entitled to the throne and you were going to get it for sure, then you had to go and mess it up. You better be happy I didn't disown you as my son... the only reason I didn't is because I think we can get back into the race. There will be sacrifices son, lots of them. But it will be worth it. We will get the throne. With or without the Princess." He said, that evil look i've seen him wear on his face way to well.

"By what means to you mean father?" I asked him, outside I was cool and collected but inside I was freaking out. What is he going to do to Lilly? I don't think he understands where my loyalty lies. I play his game but the second he puts his hands on her I will strike him down.

"Any means necessary son. I don't think you truly understand the importance of this." He replied just as coolly.

"I don't think I do" I replied looking out of the window indicating the end of the conversation. The ride was quiet the entire way home.

~Lilly POV~

I walked up to Cole's room and knocked on the door. He answered in seconds, like he knew that I was going to be there.

"Hi" I smiled through my lashes.

"God you are so beautiful when you smile." He told me wrapping me up into a hug. I looked up and he took the opportunity to kiss me. I didn't notice the audience.

"AAAAWWWWWW THAT IS SOOOO CUTE!!!!" A little girl's voice boomed. I was startled out of the embrace. She bounded over to us and stuck out her hand.

"I'm Paisley" She smiled. One of her teeth were missing and it just made her ten times cuter. She had a mop of beautiful thick blond ringlets on her head, green eyes that made emeralds jealous and the cutest wardrobe ever. I took her hand in mine.

"Hi, i'm Lilly" I said, she slowly slid her hand out of mine.

"I know who you are silly, you are princess Lilly. Cole says i'm a princess too. Princess Paisley." She smiled her gap tooth smile.

"You sure are a princess. A dang cute one at that" I told her. She put her arms up for me to pick her up. Once in my arms she bent to my ear.

"He really likes you. He calls me every night and tells me about school. You are part of school and it seems you get longer every time he calls" She said proudly. I could see Cole's face get red.

"Paise. Please stop" He asked, obviously embarrassed.

"sorry Co-Co" She said giving me a huge kiss on the cheek. I set her down and she ran out of the door.

"Sorry about that." He said, it was cute that he was embarrassed.

"No problem.... Co-Co" I replied in a fit of chuckles. He dramatically looked shocked at me and tackled me onto the couch.

"I think only my sister is allowed to call me that! No matter how cute you look saying it" He said kissing me. It became a very heavy make out session until someone cleared their throat. shit what a great first impression. We both sheepishly looked up to see a couple. The woman had a hold of Paisleys hand. Only Paisley was smiling.

"Uh, you must be Ms. and Mr. Sterling." I said slowly getting up. "It's so nice to meet you."
♠ ♠ ♠
So... Paisley?? love/hate? WHAT DO YOU THINK OF NICK?? still a bad guy, will he really defend her? Her mother.... haha I love you guys! I need some comments though! I feel like no one but Anna reads this. THANK YOU ANNA I LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany