Status: Hope you like it, comment and give me feedback!

In the Dark

Blood Problems

After the blow up I stayed in my room for a while. I didn't want to deal with my mother. There was a timid knock at my door.

"Enter" I said, laying on my bed. I sat up as a young girl came in. She was wearing a tank top and shorts. She was blonde and had blue eyes. She looked terrified.

"M...m...mi...miss" She stuttered out, not looking at me. I stood up and I could feel her reeling back.

"What is your name?" I asked her.

"M..Michelle." She stuttered again.

"Michelle, do you mind if I call you Misha?" I asked, giving her my biggest smile. She looked up in shock, but she was still very reserved.

"Call me what you would like miss" She said looking back down quickly.

"Misha, are you afraid of me?" I asked her, I backed away so she would feel more comfortable.

"No" She whispered.

"Are you lying to me?" I asked gently. I could see her trying to hold back tears. Poor people. I could tell she was human.

"N..no miss. Please don't punish me." She said starting to cry.

"Misha, I will not punish you. What do you need honey?" I asked her. She looked at me with a confused look.

"You are supposed to drink from me miss." She said timidly stepping forward, craning her neck so I could see the old scars. I gasped. Absolutely not!

"I couldn't." I told her. Her attention was back on me. The confused expression growing.

"What do you mean?" She asked me.

"I refuse to drink from people that are scared and forced." I told her. She let her tears flow freely now.

"But why? Why should you care about me? I'm just a human! Food to you!" She all but went into hysterics. I stepped up and wrapped her into my arms. She was completely frozen. After a few moments she sniffled and relaxed. Have these people only been abused?

"I care because you are a person. I will not drink from you. You are dismissed. Go get something to eat." I told her. She nodded and headed towards the door. I went back and laid down. There will be some changes in this house. I thought as I drifted to sleep.

~Two hours later~

"LILITH!" The Hag screams, running into my room. I sigh and sit up.

"Yes Mother?" I asked snotty.

"Why didn't you feed?!?" She yelled.

"I refuse to feed off of unwilling donors. I will drink from a cow or a bag. Not a person." I told her. She glared at me.

"They are property of the kingdom. They are here to serve. It's easiest if you pretend they aren't people. Just objects." She told me, sitting down and grabbing my hand.

"That is wrong. I will not think like that. They have rights to life, just like we do. Who are we to make them feel worthless?" I asked. I could see that I was getting through to her a little.

"This is how it has always been. It's how it's supposed to be." She said softly.

"But we are the change we need. It has to start here, with us." I told her, taking her hand.

"I understand. What exactly are we supposed to do?" She asked me. I could tell she was scared of something.

"Mom, what's wrong? Why are you scared?" I asked. Her walls slammed back up. Perfect Queen.

"I'm not scared, i'm worried your father will not like this." She said, standing up, sort of pacing.

"Mom?"

"What dear?" She asked.

"Does he hit you?" I asked her, she stopped moving. Frozen. She turned, the fake smile on her face.

"Of course not, where did you get a notion like that?" She smiled. It didn't reach her eyes, but i'm not going to push the subject.

"Never mind." I told her. She nodded quickly and exited my room. I sighed, how could this have happened to me? No wonder why this woman is so messed up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it is short guys! I am tired as hell! I love you guys!

Love and Other Lies,

Tiffany